Chapter 19

Silence filled the once lively Emerald Hills. A hero had fallen according to those who had heard of the tale. Sonic the Hedgehog was dead to the world or so they thought. Friends and Family of the hedgehog hadn't said a word regarding the hedgehog. Whenever he got mentioned many turned their heads and remained silent or would burst into tears. Or so they say. No one has seen the cobalt speedster for quite some time. Fellow mobians wonder if the hero they loved so much was still alive? Is he out there protecting us? Maybe but who even knows the truth? Let's just say the speedster was always one for surprises.

"How's he doing Tails?" A voice startled him from reading the daily newspaper. Looking up, the fox connected eyes with Knuckles. "It seems he is continuing to sleep his life away" Tails said, utterly defeated. Knuckles moved swiftly to wrap an arm around his younger brother's shoulder. The two looked at the bed in front of them within Tails workshop that occupied one cobalt hedgehog. Shadow had called him selfish for sleeping while his hoglet caused the ebony hedgehog pain. Knuckles chuckled thinking back to what Shadow said the other day. The ebony hedgehog was currently asleep back at Rouges. Shadow was due any day now and he certainly wasn't happy about it. 

Thankfully Nic and Shadwick said they would remain for another week before they were required to go back. Eclipse stuck around being his usual annoying self. However the alien was useful for childcare, Charmy had taken a liking to him despite Vector's warnings to stay away, the bee was persistent. Eclipse was a troublemaker and for him to team up with the equally troublemaking bee, only made headaches worse for Vector. All the mobians had pretty much settled back into their daily life with a few changes. One of those changes was the fact Espio, Mighty and Ray lived together in the armadillo's small cottage. It was in the woods not far from the chaotix home but far enough for some privacy. 

Knuckles was startled from his thoughts when the door to the workshop opened with a startled bang revealing a frantic pink hedgehog. "Amy, what is it?!" Knuckles asked the hammer welding hedgehog. "Dr Eggman attacked Rouge's, he wants Shadow!". With that said Knuckles found himself outside of the house he had called home himself a few days ago to see one furious ebony hedgehog standing beside an equally angry bat. 

"Haha! The time has come for the Egg Empire to reign!" Dr Eggman cackled out. Shadow only let out a grunt, he still had his powers but he was weaker from sharing his powers with a certain speedster. "Haha without your immortality, you are nothing! Where's the rat! Please tell me he is dead!". That was the last straw. Rouge watched as Shadows' fur darkened, confusing her. The red stripe changed colour into a darker shade of its original. Dr Eggman by this point was still laughing and oblivious. Shadow the hedgehog was one furious being. He hadn't realised he was letting off a wave of anger strong enough to send a wave of red in every direction. The other mobians watched as the powers sent ripples through nearby water and made trees shudder, it was so strong that the master Emerald was reacting to it on Angel Island. 

"Aha! I always knew you were a troublesome one. Now let me end you here, you and your hoglet!" Dr Eggman yelled. Shade was currently with Nic so Shadow didn't have to worry about his daughter getting hurt in the fray. "Eggbots Attack!".

Hearing the command only made a familiar smirk appear on Shadows face; it dropped when a portal opened opposite him. Shadow groaned when a furious Mephiles emerged. "You will pay for his death!" The black and grey hedgehog raised his dead army up. Shadow frowned as the mobians who had emerged to fight shook with fear, there were too many of them. Tails cried out in fright beside Knuckles, the guardian stood in front of all their friends with the chaotix behind him. They were severely outnumbered. 

"Shadow, I think we could use some back up" Eclipse said with a hint of giddiness in his tone. Shadow turned to his older brother and nodded. Eclipse smirked, moving off to the side to open a portal. Shadwick and Nic appeared, Shade was not with them which showed that Queen Alena had her. Manic and Sonia confirmed it with a nod of their heads towards Shadow who smirked when black arms guards started appearing out of the portal behind Eclipse.