Chapter 15

Sonic found himself swinging his legs back and forward as he, Shadow and Knuckles sat in the waiting room for those who were waiting to speak to the president. The only reason the hedgehogs had brought Knuckles along was for Shade who remained silent in the ebony hedgehog’s arms. Chris had come with, since he had been asked personally by the president. 

“So….Sonic? How is Shade yours and Shadows?” Chris asked interested in how the hoglet came to be. Sonic turned to look at the other two mobians, Shadow ignored him while Knuckles turned his attention out of the window leaving a blushing cobalt hedgehog to answer the question. “Well..you see when two hedgehogs love each other very much…” Sonic tried to explain but the pointed look followed by the raised eyebrow Chris gave him made him sigh. “But you're both males” Chris said, looking at the two. 

Sonic turned to the other mobians, “A little help here” Sonic gestured. Knuckles smiled, shaking his head, having no faith that Sonic could tell Chris the real reason. Since Knuckles wasn’t being helpful, he turned to Shadow who seemed to have a thoughtful expression on his face. “Shadow?”. The black and red hedgehog turned to Sonic with a raised eyebrow before looking at Chris, “How she came here, is none of your business” he grumbled, ignoring the looks Sonic, Knuckles and Chris were giving him. Sonic sent him a disapproving look. Thankfully before an argument could break out, the doors to the president's office opened. 

“Sonic the hedgehog and friends. The president is ready for you” the secretary announced. Sonic made a thumbs up as he made to move first, he turned around to see Shadow place a sleeping hoglet into his own quills, out of sight and reach of anyone. Knuckles nodded to the black hedgehog that he couldn’t see her unless he looked for her. Once he got the approval of the echidna, Shadow stalked into the room looking ever so grumpy. Knuckles chuckled, following after his brother and best-friend, Chris followed in before the doors closed behind them.

There sitting in front of the mobians and Chris was the president who wore a smile like no other.

“Sonic the Hedgehog! You have returned! It is good to see you are well. I hope you and your friends are all in good health!” The president said with too much happiness that it made Shadow feel sick. Knuckles shared a look with Chris who shrugged, not understanding whatever the echidna was trying to say. Knuckles smiled watching Sonic shift from one foot to another, seriously could he not stay still he thought. However his counterpart remained rigid with his arms crossed while expressionless. “It’s good to be back but we really need to get home” Sonic said, the president nodded. “Where is the twin-tailed fox? Should he know how to get home?” The president's question was met with a hard glare from a certain striped hedgehog. Sonic shook his head when the president looked at Shadow, only to frown. 

“Unfortunately most of Tails gear is back home, so we might need a hand in…” “Pish posh! After you saved us, plenty of times. We will be delighted to help you…” The doors to the room suddenly slammed open revealing G.U.N. soldiers and the Commander, they surrounded the mobians and the President. 

“Abraham!? What is going on?” the president demanded, standing up. 

“I was informed a terrorist attack was to hit the white house!” Commander Abraham Towers exclaimed while looking around the room. Sonic and Knuckles stood ready to fight while Chris remained beside an impassive black and red hedgehog. “Stand down!”. Hearing the commander's instructions, the soldiers moved out of the room leaving the Commander and Agent Topaz to deal with the situation. 

“My deepest apologies Michael. I acted on instinct, it will not happen again” Abraham said keeping his face blank. The president nodded, “Abraham, why don’t you take a seat and you can explain…”. Something made a clicking noise followed by a gasp. “SHADOW!” Sonic’s yell drew all the attention. There standing in front of them was Shadow the hedgehog holding a gun to Christopher’s head. “Shadow! What in mobius are you doing?” Knuckles asked, holding up his hands. A chuckle filled the room sending shivers down all their spines.