Chapter 18

Author's Note: This story is coming to it's end. There is only an epilogue to follow. I hope I'm giving you all an ending worthy of these characters.

Lena resists waking up. Her lips twitch into a small smile as she feels soft fingertips delicately tracing her face. When she brings herself to open her eyes, she finds blue ones already staring back. She lets out a rumble. "I can't tell if this is sweet or creepy."

"Definitely sweet," Kara whispers.

"Mornin'." Lena lets her eyes slide closed again.

Kara lets out a contented, soft sigh. "Good morning."

"How'd you sleep?"

"Amazingly. I woke up half convinced that last night was just a dream."

Lena hums with a little smirk. "If it was a dream, I'm sure your mind would've wandered a bit further if previous experiences are to be trusted."

"So... no regrets in the sober light of day?" Kara can't keep the tinge of uncertainty and vulnerability out of her voice.

Lena's eyes pop up, suddenly very alert. She studies the woman that is still wrapped up in her arms. "Not a single one."

Kara lets out a breath of relief. "Good. Me either."

"In that case," Lena says with a bit of seduction. She closes the miniscule gap between them to let her lips explore. She can feel the woman melt under her attention.

Kara hums. She lets her tongue trace those soft lips. She feels the loss when Lena breaks it, but the woman presses their foreheads together. Lena's hands run up and down the blonde's strong back.

Lena whispers, "We should talk about all of this."

"Can we do it over some food?"

Lena gives her a knowing smile. "Of course."

They are both reluctant to move out of their warm and happy little cocoon, but they get moving anyways. While Lena starts prepping some bacon and eggs, Kara starts the coffee maker. They share soft smile and innocent touches as they move around each other. It's only after they sit down in the living room do they start to talk.

"So..." Kara starts.

Lena smiles as she takes a sip of her coffee. "So. How're you feeling?"

Kara's face blushes. She twirls her fork around before stabbing some eggs. "Happy. Very happy."

"Good, darling. Do you want to elaborate more on that given everything that happened yesterday?"

Kara thinks a moment. She tries to organize her disjointed thoughts and focus on more than just the two of them kissing... repeatedly. "I'm relieved that Nia decided to come obviously, but mostly relieved that they all seemed to take it in stride. You were right. It went better than what I conjured up in my head. I- I think we will still have to work through things as a group, obviously. Their anger didn't just disappear because of their relief, but... I think I'm in a better position to handle it now."

Lena nods her head in agreement. "You know you can come to me if it gets to be too much."

"I know. Thank you."

"I think we also need to talk about why you were upset when I paid for things. Given our... mutual interest... I'd rather get in front of whatever this is than just let it fester."

Kara let out a sigh. "I agree. I- I'm sorry about all of that yesterday. I think- I think it was a combination of a lot of things yesterday. I was obviously very nervous, but I just couldn't shake the feeling that we were using you."