Chapter 15

"will? will get up."

"no just two more minutes pleassseee." Will answered, barely awake. "Come on, Will we have school." Mike said louder this time, speaking into his boyfriend's neck. This sent shivers down Will's spine and it was kinda mixed in with the fact that Mike's body was squeezed right up against his own.

"I don't wanna go to school." Will simply said while turning his head to face Mike. "What, do you think they're gonna be mad at us?" "I don't know, Will started. I feel like I'll be ok. You're used to being 'Mr. Popular' though. I don't want everyone to suspect anything and ruin your reputation. And I mean maybe I could get Max to forgive me and Lucas is definitely gonna forgive you but-"

"Hey." Mike stopped the rambling boy and softly caressed his cheek. "You don't need to worry about me. As long I'm with you I'll be alright." Mike gave him a smile. "That was incredibly cheesy!" Will broke into laughter. "Stop! Don't laugh at me!" Mike giggled back.

"I- I still just don't understand." Will continued, still breathing heavy from laughter. "Understand what?" Mike asked innocently. "I mean like- after all this time why did you suddenly start having feelings for me?"

Mike gave him a confused look. "I've always had feelings for you. I mean you- we were really close back then and I just felt like if I stopped hanging around you so much then I wouldn't think of you in that way anymore. Cause I- Well I didn't want to ruin our friendship. I guess I kinda did anyways though" Mike's voice got quieter as he looked into Will's eyes with pain. "I'm really sorry, Will." 

"Miiike, no tears! You're here now and it's ok and I'm sorry I brought it up anyways." Will started to sit up in bed. "We should probably get ready now." He gave off a small smile.

The boys got ready for school and went to the kitchen to grab something to eat. Mike, who could make himself at home anywhere he was, went straight to the cabinet to grab a bowl.

"Any cereal?" Will softly laughed at his question. "What's so funny?" Mike asked in a confused chuckle. "It's just weird that you knew exactly where the bowls were!" Will laughed harder this time.

The boys each ate a bowl of cereal and headed into Mike's car. Will started to get anxious on the ride to school which caught Mike's attention. "Hey Will, it's gonna be ok. We'll figure something out when we get there, promise." "Yeah, yeah I know b-but I'm kinda thinking about something else." Will got that familiar tone in his voice and started to look down at his shoes. "What are you thinking about then?"

"You haven't talked to your parents have you?"
Mike went silent and his face started feeling hot.

"I- I forgot."

"Shit Mike! You're gonna be in so much trouble a-and your dad is gonna hate you even more once he finds out you were with me!" Will was looking up at Mike now with his lip quivering. "Will I told you not to worry about me. Besides, he couldn't care less about me, Mike mumbled. Welp anyways we're here!" Mike tried to change the subject

They pulled into the student parking lot. The pair got out and noticed people walking further away from them. As if they were afraid of them. "Mike, what's going on?" At that moment, Will wanted most in the world to grab onto Mike and never let go. Of course he knew he couldn't do that in public. He's already bullied enough but people knowing he had a boyfriend would make it 10 times worse right? He felt all eyes on him but it wasn't just his anxiety this time. People were staring at them while keeping their distance.

Mike noticed Lucas getting out of his car. "Hey! Lucas!" Mike called out to him. Lucas looked over at Mike, terrified. He stood in place for what seemed like 5 minutes before deciding to walk over. It was so odd, even Lucas seemed to be standing pretty far away from them.