Chapter 19

"Will, are you absolutely sure you don't want me to call Mike? You two are really close and I feel like maybe you'll wanna talk to him?" Max tried.

"No. He's the last person that I want to involve in this mess." Will answered, staring down at the pink and black floor tiles below his shoes. "Well then you should call your mom or Johnathan or something so they can get your arm checked out."

"My mom's at work, as usual. And Jonathan hates me now." Will responded, simply. "Come on Will, no matter what you do Jon could never hate you. He loves you way too much for that; Like a son even!"

Those words stung Will the moment they were spoken. But he said he didn't want to talk about it , so it wouldn't.

"I should be fine Max. Thanks for the help, I'm gonna head home." Will said as he got up, heading towards the bathroom door.

"Will, wait." Max urged as she grabbed his (uninjured) arm.

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry... for being such an asshole to you. I was just kinda mad that Jane stopped being my friend because of everything. But I'm really, truly, happy for you, Will. I'm glad that you finally found someone that you liked. Even if it is Michael Wheeler." She held back a scoff.

Will gave her a tired smile. "Thanks Max. And I'm really sorry again. I never meant it to be like this. I really want to talk to Jane but she's completely avoiding us. Well, everyone has been avoiding us today since they found out about it." He chuckled.

But instead of returning the laugh, Max frowned.

"What?" He laughed again, worryingly

"You don't know?"

"I don't know what, Max?"

Max took a deep breath in and sighed as if she were preparing for something. "Jane was the one who started the rumour of you and Mike being together." She blurted out.

"She... What?"

"I'm really sorry, Will." Max tried to pull him in for a hug.

"I- I need to go." Will rushed out of the bathroom and ran out of the house as quickly as he could. Tears falling down his face, once again. He didn't know where to go at this point.

Oh wait.

He knew one place. A place he hadn't been for a long time. And it was in the woods behind his house.

Will ran in the direction he had left his bike and hopped on towards the woods. He eventually had to get off and walk his bike because of the amount of trees back there. He walked a few minutes before facing toward his special place.

Castle Byers.

The little hideout he and his brother had built for him when he was younger. Will walked closer to the structure, expecting it to be some kind of mess considering he hasn't been there in a while. He ducked down to fit into the little opening when he was faced with a huge mess just like he'd predicted but also something else. Or should he say, someone else.

"Mike? What are you doing in here?!"

"Holy shit, Will you scared the crap outta me!" Mike jumped.

Will completely went into the wooden structure and sat down next to Mike. His mood was kind of lifted at the presence of his new boyfriend.

"So are you gonna answer my question or not?"Will asked, impatiently but jokingly.

"I mean, I got kicked out of your house and I really didn't wanna go home and have to see my dad. I remembered this place that we used to hang out in when we were 12 then- Shit Will, what happened to your arm?!" Mike cut himself off abruptly as he grabbed ahold of Will's wrapped up arm.