Chapter 22

Karen had already said her goodnights and went into her bedroom. Mike creeped downstairs to the front door, hopped on his bike, and started his way to Will's house.

When Mike got there he immediately headed over to Will's bedroom window. Just as he was about to knock he noticed blankets and pillows scattered on his floor. That's weird... Also, Will wasn't in his room. Maybe he's just in the bathroom or something, Mike thought.

He waited a bit longer to see if Will would come into his room and he eventually did! With someone else... Dustin Henderson? And they were smiling? Why is he here? Mike started fuming. He lost control and found himself banging on the window.

"MIKE!?" The two jumped as Will went over to lift the window. "Mike what are you doing here?" Will asked, still jumpy from the scare. "What is he doing here?" Mike asked in return, ignoring the question.

"He's spending the night. But why are you here Michael?" Will asked, obviously annoyed.

"I just came to check on you. You know after what happened." Mike said as he grabbed Will's arm, pulling him closer. "Well, thanks. I'm fine. Do your parents even know you're here? You're probably gonna get into even more trouble Mike." Will said as he tried to loosen Mike's grip.

"I could leave you know.." Dustin said chiming in. "No Dustin you're fine." Will replied. "Of course he is." Mike said under his breath. "Huh?"

"Nothing."

"My dads on a business trip or something so he doesn't care. My mom grounded me for getting suspended so I kinda snuck out." Mike said as he still held on to Will's arm, tightly. "Mike thanks for checking on me or whatever but I can assure you that I'm fine. You should probably get home." Will asked trying to loosen Mike's grip once more.

"Why do you want me to leave so bad? What, would you rather be here with this guy instead of me?" Mike asked, getting angrier.

"Like I said, I can just go if-" "No it's fine Dustin." Will cut him off.

"What Mike, are you gonna murder him if he gets too close to me?" Will asked, looking Mike dead in the eye with a completely blunt expression.

"What?" Mike held on even tighter, furrowing his brows.

"Mike... let go. You're hurting me." Will whimpered. Mike had never seen him so scared.

Mike let go. He stared into Will's eyes with an aggressive look before gritting his teeth and going back out of the window where he came from.

"Come on, Will started with tears in his eyes. Let's just go to sleep." He ushered Dustin to his makeshift bed on the floor as he climbed into his on mattress. "Goodnight Will." Dustin chimed. "Goodnight." Will returned, with a sniffle.

...

Mike couldn't believe that Will was choosing Dustin over him. Is he that mad about the fight? Well, it wasn't really much of a fight. More like Mike going total ape shit- but still. Mike quickly picked up his bike to head home. He was just so angry. He found himself feeling like this a lot lately. "Not again." He thought. Before getting home, Mike made a detour to the woods. He quickly dropped his bike and ran a safe distance from the main road.

"AGHHHHH!" He screamed over and over before completely breaking down and falling to his knees, sobbing. "why do i have to be like this?" He whispered to himself. "it's not fair. it's not fair. it's not fair. i have to ruin everything." "it's just not fair."

As soon as Mike regathered himself, he hopped back on his bike and made his way home. He tried slipping through the front door as quiet as possible but little did he know, his mother was already waiting for him on the other side.