Chapter 30

WARNING: mention of vomit

"It's like 20 minutes away Will. We're not gonna get anything to eat until afterwards so bring a snack." Mike offered as they got into his car.

"I'm not really hungry." He shrugged. "Will what have you eaten today?" Will shrugged again, "Uh, I had some oatmeal."

"No, you had a bite of my oatmeal. You haven't eaten all day, and I want you to bring a snack." "Or maybe you just think I don't eat enough because you eat like a pig." He giggled.

"Will, I'm not joking."

"And I'm not hungry. Can we just go please? I don't wanna argue Mike." Mike took a deep breath in. "Yeah." He started the car and pulled off.

...

The ride was silent for most of the time until Will spoke up.

"I'm not crazy." He spoke quietly.

"Huh?"

"I'm not crazy. I don't have to be looked after like a child. I can take care of myself." Will looked over at Mike.

"I know you can." He responded in a reassuring smile.

Pretty soon the car pulled into an unfamiliar parking lot. "You're taking me to an art gallery!?" Will exclaimed excitedly as he jumped out of the car. "Surprise!" "Oh my gosh Mike, you're perfectness is honestly starting to make me feel like shit." He said jokingly.

The pair went inside the building and paid their fares before starting at the first room. "Ooo Mike look at the self portraits!" He tugged on his arm.
"I'm looking!" He giggled. "Sorry I'm acting like such a little kid," His face immediately flushed red, "I just think this is all just so breathtaking." "No apologies." Mike gently reminded.

Will stopped at every drawing, painting, picture, and sculpture to take it all in. Mike's heart couldn't handle the sight of his boyfriend being so happy. It had been so long since he'd seen a genuine smile out of Will. But he still couldn't answer his question, who could be so happy after finding out they've been in a coma for a week?

It'd been almost and hour and a half before they were just finishing up.

"I like these ones over here," Will started to explain, "It reminds me of the ones I was working on in-" He stopped.

"Hm? In what?" Mike asked, confused as to why he stopped.

"Mike... Mike... It's Jane- Look!" Will pointed over to a small sculpture of a boat. They couldn't believe their eyes. They had finally seen Jane after all this time. Most people actually started to think she was dead, but she was there, and standing right in front of their eyes. She was with an older lady, who could've been the same age as Will's mother.

"Holy shit..."

"Mike do you think we should go over there or something?" Will asked in a panic.

"Are you crazy!?" He whisper-shouted. "We are not going over there Will!" "Ok, well then are we just gonna go?" "Sounds good to me!" Mike answered as he took Will by the arm and dragged him outside.

The two got in the car; Short-breathed. "Oh my God," Mike panted, "I haven't heard from her in so long even I was beginning to think she was dead."