Chapter 24

When Mike woke up, he gently shook Will to get up too. After they both quietly got ready, Mike went downstairs to make sure his dad was gone. He ushered Will quickly outside but stayed behind to grab their bags.

That's when he saw his dad emerge from his room. "O-oh hey dad. I thought you left..."

"Don't give me that Michael. Don't start with me. I saw you with that boy in your bed after you told me you weren't with him anymore!" He raised his voice. You know he's a whore right!? Whatever sinful things he does is going to rub off on you. But I'm done. This is your last straw."

"Dad stop! Don't talk about him like that!" Mike plead. "Go pack your bags Michael. I'm serious. You're out. If you want to be gay with that pansy man-whore then you're no longer my son!" Ted yelled.

Mike had tears in his eyes that he couldn't release in fear of what his father would say. "Where am I gonna stay Dad? You can't kick me out."

"I don't care. You're not apart of this family anymore."

"But what about Holly!? You and me both know that you don't even take care of her. You can't make me leave her!" He tried to reason.

"I KNOW HOW TO TAKE CARE OF MY DAUGHTER NOW GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!" Ted screamed.

Mike's expression quickly turned from angry to scared as he ran upstairs and grabbed his belongings. He went back downstairs, grabbing the keys and heading to the door when he heard his mom call out for him.

"Michael? Mike, what's going on, are you ok?" She asked, seeing her son's expression. "What did he say to you?"

"I don't want to talk about it. Bye Mom. Tell Holly I said bye." Mike answered as he slammed the door and got in the car.

"Will, why are you crying?" Mike asked his sobbing boyfriend who sat in the car next to him. "I should've just went home last night," He whimpered, "Then he wouldn't have kicked you out. I'm so sorry!" He cried.

"Y-you heard that? Will it's not your fault-"
"YOU KEEP SAYING THAT MIKE!" Will cut him off, raising his voice. "But it is. Everything bad that happens to people I care about is because of me. It's always because of me."

"Will-" "Save it Mike. Can we please go?"

"Yeah, ok." Mike obeyed as they made their way to school.

"Hey," Mike started, after he parked the car in the student lot, "Don't worry about me, I'm gonna be fine. Nobody's mad at you. You never do anything to anyone Will, this isn't on you." He tried as he leaned into Will.

Will backed away which left Mike confused. "Jane's mad at me."

"Would you stop bringing up Jane!?" He said, getting frustrated. "We never see her anymore and she stopped bothering us! Leave it alone!"

"I can't just leave it alone Mike! I've been friends with her almost as long as I've been friends with you. I lost one of my best friends. One of my only friends, and you don't even care! You're not the only person in my life Michael. Why can't you understand that?" Will trembled.

"You know that's not what I meant. It's just- you keep talking about it like it's gonna change. You literally keep crying about it, and now? Really? Now's not the time to bring it up Will. Not to mention, there were two weeks that we couldn't hang out and you could've taken the opportunity to apologize. TWO. And you didn't so now what?" Mike argued back.

"Oh, and you're completely innocent? It's both of us that wronged her but I'm obviously the only one that feels bad about it. And none of this would be happening if we didn't do that in the first place. She wouldn't have gotten vengeance and outed us, she wouldn't have started all those rumours, and I could be back to being ignored by everyone... including you." He ended.