Chapter 1

Am I wrong for saying "no" when my family said I should let my sister have her honeymoon at my house?

Backstory :
~My house used to Belong to my parents but they sold it to me in 2017. It had been a family vacation home of sorts. Every couple years when my grandparents were alive they'd invite us kids up there for a week. Fast forward to the end of 2016. My sister got accepted to her dream college. Won't say which but it's a big one. Everyone was excited and proud of her, me too. But a week after that my parents called asking if I'd found a house yet.

I was looking for one and my family knew it. I'd been saving up since I started my first job at 20. I said no so my dad suggested I buy the lake house from them. I asked why they wanted to sell it. Turns out my sister didn't have any savings for college and didn't get some scholarship like she'd planned? And our parents couldn't afford to pay everything either. I asked why didn't she get students loan and they said they didn't want her ruining her credit. So thier solution was to sell the lake house and use the money from that to finance her college.

I had lots of good memories in the lake house so eventually I agreed. I work via computer so after getting a good internet connection out there I moved right in,and been there since. My GF moved in permanently year before the lockdown and it's been pretty blissful.

2019. My sister and her college boyfriend got engaged. Parents agreed to pay for her wedding. But like with every other wedding around then things got set back. Sis had to postpone her wedding for another year. She plans to have it Dec. I even agreed to be in the bridal party.

Issues came up when my sis asked where I was going to stay for the 2 weeks after her wedding? Puzzled, I answered " my house?" she got a sour look and said that I wouldn't work, her and her fiance would be there and they wanted private time. I asked why they'd be at my house and she said that's where they were having thier honeymoon. Two weeks alone at a lake house. I said that was news to me she insisted our parents said it was fine.but I said it wasn't thier place to make decisions about my house.

After arguing she called our parents who said I was being unreasonable. I said I didn't want my sister and her fiance christening thier new union by (sorry for using this word) f*ck*ng in my house. They said I was being gross and selfish. I said no again so sis threatened to remove me from the bridal party. I just shrugged and said okay. She starts crying, saying she already couldn't have her dream wedding like she wanted and now I was trying to ruin her honeymoon too. I told her to rent a hotel room like every other new newlywed couple then hung up.

She's not speaking to me and I'm uninvited to the wedding. Our parents keep calling me and saying I should do this for her since it her wedding is only 1/3 what she wanted to be. But I'm uncomfortable with them staying unsupervised at my house. They're making me feel like a monster for saying no. So am I wrong here?!

_______________________________________

Wow, no your not , like it's your house and you make the decision besides, I don't know if it's the same in other countries but in my the fiance is the one who pays for the wedding and the honeymoon. But like not only she wants the YOUR house for herself but also she applied for a big college and didn't even save money for it. You don't get everything you want in life and also shouldn't you pay for the wedding with your fiance? She seems like a spoiled brat.

Don't forget to like and leave your opinion in the comments. Imagine your sister doing this to you like LMAO what bitch get your own house.

Vote, comment and DM me if you have a jucy story

Send your story on 👇
https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=10phy5u84jrm8&utm_content=8lmv2zy

Or through link in Bio
Or DM me here on wattpad
Bye~