Chapter 8

"AITA for kicking a 'girl' out of our friend group?"

Source : Reddit

" so I (26M) have a long standing friend group. Most of us have been friends since HS. Thsi girl named 'Zoe' (25F) has been part of the group since college. We've hung out plenty of times. But I would describe our relationship as cusual friends. We follow each other on social media and talk in the larger group but never 1 on 1 hanging out. She is friends mostly with GFs. But I had a low key crush on her. Some of the woman in the group know but have kept it for themselves for my sake. But last month I got kinda drunk. And messaged her late at night about possibly hanging out. She messaged me back in the morning and said she would like to hang out more but just as friends. I told her i understood. But knew what that meant so I never reached back out. "

" so my parents own a bar. Typically I will bartend there on weekends before I go out. My friend group are regulars at the bar. I will send out text about specials that night and invite people to come. So I send out a big invite and include 'Zoe' on it. She shows up and immediately starts talking to me. I was working so I kinda just moved along. I charged her full price at the whole night and started complaining about it to other girls which ticked me off. Yes sometimes I will give free stuff out to my friends. But isn't all the time. Ye si used to hookup 'Zoe' and a lot. But that was before she said we were friends. Then the second thing that happened I invited a girl to come to the bar to pregame with us before we went out. 'Zoe' sees me talking to this girl. Decideds to introduce herself completely out of the blue. Then those 2 starts talking at the bar. And it "slips out" that me and 'Zoe' used to be good friends till I asked her out. The girl I invited wasn't happy and I had to spend the next hour explaining that away. So the next time the group went out. I zemt 'Zoe' a text and told her to please not show up. She is more than welcome to meet us out later. But I didn't want to deal with her at MY bar. Her friends showed up to the bar this weekend and asked me to talk. They said it was unfair to not invite 'Zoe'. Because now she feels isolated. Out whole friend group hangs out here. So banning her is essentially banning her from the group. I said everyone is free to pick a different bar to hangout at. And then they can invite whoever they want. But 'Zoe' is weird and is causing issues. So it is her own fault. I'm still being called an AH. But my guys are on my side. So AITA?"

_______________________________________

Please vote and leave your openion in the comments. I believe he is not the Asshole. Idk like why would she tell that girl about that night? What do you guys think? lemme know in the comments