Chapter 13

"AITA for not taking down my video that was a gift for my best man?"

" i have a sister that's 6 years older than me. My parents for years cancelld me last minute for my sister

" I have a basketball game"
" oops sorry sister doesn't feel like going out"

"I'm graduating"
"oooops sorry sister had a bad day at work"

"they have missed both major and smaller events in my life because of her meltdowns. I met the love of my life, we decided to tie the knot. From the beginning I told my parents how I was worried that my sister will ruin another special moment in my life. My mom told me over and over again that it would not happen. The day of my wedding I received a voicemail from my mom, saying they couldn't come because my sister's dog was "sick" and she was upset, I was hurt, my best man, however was a jokester, he took my phone then went to my fiance and asked if he could post a video of our wedding as a gift on social media,she loved his idea. I had no idea about it until I came home, our honeymoon was at a lakeside cabin, No cell service, the post caption was 'my best friend he's an amazing person even if his parents never showed up for him' the video was still pictures of us next to her parents, me on the dance floor cutting the cake, where you would normally see both parents and wedding pictures the sound behind the video was my mom's voicemail explaining how they couldn't come because my sister's dog was sick. I came home a week later to hundreds of messages, family members from both sides insisting I take it down. I was told my sister hasn't stopped crying, my mom was refusing to leave the house. I may be the Asshole here, I didn't take it down when I got the messages, I didn't call my family back right away. I waited until my vacation time was over at work and I enjoyed my time with my wife in our new home. My dad told me to take down the video, it was just a bad night for them, that they will make it up for my wife and me for not coming, my reply was "exactly how do you plan to make up my wedding it's a once in a lifetime thing, you chose to ignore my feelings on the whole matter" then he just repeated that he'll make it up or me. I told him I would take down the video only when he made up missing my wedding. Flustered we both hung up the phone before we said things we shouldn't have. Am I the Asshole here? I could have just taken down the video "
_______________________________________
No they missed you wedding because your sister is a spoiled brat and just because her DOG was sick? The sister should've stayed him while the parents came this is not an excuse they're trying to justify themselves and it's about time they realize what they're doing besides your sister is not a kid she can stay home alone with her sick dog because apparently a dog matters more than their son's wedding. NTA

What do you guys think? Let me know in the comments. If you like to share any juicy stories with me DM me.