Chapter 15

Am I the Asshole for calling my sister an insensitive bitch after she stole my daughters name?

3 years ago I gave birth to a little girl who only lived for 19 hours, it was a traumatic experience for me and what I struggled with to this day an the pain of her loss led to me and my ex boyfriend splitting up as we couldn't stand to be together anymore. Her name is not a family name she was called "Caroline" with "Iris" as her middle name. My ex boyfriend and I just each picked the name we liked.

My younger sister recently had a daughter and she kept the name a secret from everyone until it was legal. I didn't think twice about this until the name went online in an announcement "Iris Caroline" she took both my daughters names and just swapped the order, is she had only taken one of the names to try and honor my daughter and made a middle name I wouldn't be upset but this felt delibrate but the fact that she hid it from everyone makes it even worse. I went to her home to demand to know what she was playing out with this and she got offended telling me that she always thought the names were beautiful and she swapped the order so I shouldn't be upset this led to an argument with shouting on both ends finally I called her an insensitive bitch before I left and ended up crying a lot.

Everyone on the family felt uncomfortable with this name choice. But many think I took it too far to go to her house and start a fight when she's recovering from childbirth. My mother has told me that there's no change in it now and to just consider it a nice way to keep my daughters name alive but that just feels even worse to me. I might be too close to all of this and it's traumatic matter for me.

Did I go too far? I really love this name. What do you think?
_______________________________________
This is when you know you're not wrong. Because if she wanted to honor your daughter should have talked to you about it and NOT his from everyone. She knows she's wrong that's why she kept it a secret especially from you. NTA