⌬ - "headshot" - machi

╔══《✧》══╗

╔══《✧》══╗

mentions of kidnapping, angst(?)

▬▬▬▬▬

"it would seriously be so easy to just kill you now." machi thought to herself as she finished securing the rope around your body. it was a shame, really. you were a skilled fighter, an amazing thief, you would have perfectly fit right into the phantom troupe. yet, here you were. tied up in some dirty room with machi, her one and only mission being to murder you. all because you decided to steal the same gems that the phantom troupe had been eyeing for a while. 

machi watched as you slowly started waking up, your eyes fluttering open. yet, you didn't scream or panic. you simply stared at her with curious eyes, taking a deep breath before lightly smiling. "hello, machi. it's nice to see you again." you smiled brightly, as if you weren't tied up in some run down room. "[name]. you've really done it now." machi sighed.

"done what? machi, you know me. i'm a thief, just like you! i take what i want, and i don't care if your little boss wanted it either. if he wanted the gems, he should've taken it first." you argued, rolling your eyes at your current situation. "whatcha gonna do machi? make me give them to you?" you giggled, not even realizing what this mission meant for you. "no, [name]. i have to kill you. bring your head to the boss as proof." machi said coldly, wiping the smile right off your face.

"you have to kill me?" you asked in a more serious tone, causing machi to sigh loudly. "yes, [name]. i have to kill you." machi said, yet her tone sounded sad. you knew better than to question whether or not she would complete this mission. her dedication and devotion to chrollo far surpassed her loyalty to you. this was her life, her job, and she'd never want disappoint her boss. 

but something stung in her heart. 

she knew you long before joining the phantom troupe, when you two were just petty thieves trying to make a living together. you both grew up in meteor city, together. it's always been like that, you both stole to live. when machi was picked up by chrollo and recruited into the phantom troupe, you didn't join. you were stubborn, didn't want to listen to anyones rules. you stole for the hell of it, for your own good. you didn't agree with chrollos views, so you didn't join. 

machi knew you were stubborn, a wise person yet you couldn't see it like she did. she saw the phantom troupe as an opportunity, and you saw it as a hinderance. now look at you. machi has killed hundreds, maybe even thousands of people. but you, you were going to leave a whole in her heart that couldn't be filled. a void in her chest that nobody could fill. 

yet, you laughed. 

machi stared at you as you continued laughing, as if what machi said was some joke. you stared at her through your laughter, smiling like a completely idiot. "i'm glad." you spoke suddenly, confusing machi. "you're glad? [name], i have to kill you. what the hell are you going on about?" machi spoke, clearly upset with your lack of care. "i'm glad its you. machi, i knew my ways would've gotten me killed one way or another. but, i'm glad you're the last one i'll see before i die." you said, accepting your fate. 

"[name]..." machi spoke quietly, crossing her arms over her chest. she knew chrollo was testing her loyalty to the troupe, and she knew this mission was given to her on purpose. but that didn't make it any easier, she was completely loyal to the phantom troupe, but that didn't mean she wasn't somewhat loyal to you either. "i remember when you first joined that little troupe of yours, and your boss tried to get me to join. gosh, you should've seen it machi! he stared me down when i told him i didn't want to follow under his rules, gosh. if looks could kill, i'd be long dead." you giggled at the memory, it felt like it was just yesterday. 

"i remember that. i hated that day. i felt like i was leaving you behind." machi spoke, remembering the day she had to leave you. "you were moving onto bigger things, things i could never dream of doing. you didn't leave me behind, machi. i'm still here." you motioned to her heart, causing machi to roll her eyes. "always with that corny shit." machi smiled lightly. "you know you love it." you smiled. 

before you could say anything else, machi leaned down towards you. she was quite close to your face, but she was focusing on the rope that kept you bounded. you felt it get loose, and soon you could feel your hands again. "machi..?" you asked cautiously. "i can't kill you. i just... can't. look, [name]. get serious for a second." machi said, as you nodded your head. "when a solo mission isn't complete, chrollo will send everyone out for their head. for your head. you will be hunted down. so i'm giving you a headstart. i want you to run, keep moving. never come back here." machi said, her serious tone letting you know she wasn't joking. 

"this means i'll never see you again, right?" you asked, before machi quietly nodded her head. "i'm fine with that. i'll never stop running machi." you said before she sighed. "thank you, [name]." machi spoke. you both stared at each-other in silence, neither of you moving. machi was still in front of you, her hands laying on the back of the rusted chair. you smiled, before leaning forward. you closed the space between you two, lips connecting. you both molded into each-other, the feeling of electricity sparked through your veins. you pulled back, letting both of you breath. 

"maybe one day, i can kiss you again. but, thank you machi." you smiled passionately. machi moved, letting you get up from your chair. you both walked in silence towards the door, leaving the run down room behind. "this is the main exit. just, leave. never come back. i mean it." machi said, her tone was cautious and serious. you smiled again, turning to face her.

"i love you, machi. goodbye." 

---

1074 words. 

<3 this was requested by daweeddx

i hope you enjoyed this story!! i decided to end it with some angst bc im a sucker for some good angst >:)

please point out any typos/errors!! 

thank you for reading, it feels amazing to write again. <3