v. bloody fingertips

Glancing at each other knowingly, both Faye and Finney started making their way to the tiled hallway. Their eyes bore into the ground below them before they both kneeled down and tried to pry at the loose tiles, Faye's nails finally catching beneath one and beginning to pry it open. When she finally pulled it up and from the ground, it revealed a layer of dirt. Both Faye and Finney began picking at the edges of the tiles, pulling them up and revealing more and more of the soil.

Without thought, Finney began digging the dirt from the opening in the tiles, moving it to the side. Thankfully, the soil was soft enough and easy to move, so it wouldn't be absolutely tiring as soon as they started digging. 

As Finney continued pulling the dirt from the hole that was starting to form, Faye grabbed hold of as much as she could from the pile that was forming and brought it over to the toilet, dropping it in and flushing it. She immediately went back to help Finney dig deeper, the both of them taking turns to throw the brown substance into the toilet and occasionally taking drinks from the well-enough-filtered tank. 

"You have a sister, right?" Faye questioned midway through their digging, neither of their hands coming to a stop as they continued pulling the dirt from the hole. Finney glanced up at her, the both of them on opposing sides of the small pit. Their brown eyes met momentarily, though, quickly returned to the dirt.

"Yeah, her name's Gwen." Finney responded with a small smile, clearly thinking about his sister as he did so. Faye always wished that she had a sibling, though, she was glad at the same time. If she did have a sibling, they'd have to go through what she had to with her parents, which wasn't exactly the time of her life.

"What about you? Do you have any?" Finney asked, standing up with an armful of dirt and making his way over to the toilet. From where Faye was kneeling, Finney could still hear her just fine and awaited a response before returning back to the hole.

"Nah. I've always wanted one, though." Faye replied, blowing air up and toward the hairs that were falling into her eyesight softly. The strains of hair blew toward the side, her eyesight clearing up and returning back to the pile of soil next to her. The girl stood up, taking a handful of dirt with her before the pile would get too big and pour back into the hole that they were making. 

"I couldn't imagine myself without Gwen." Finney scoffed to himself softly, thinking about all of the memories that he had with Gwen. Throughout his entire life, he had somebody there for him, unlike Faye. The only person that truly loved Faye was her mother before she was sucked into addiction, and her father never really cared for her.

"Sorry-- I didn't mean to hurt your feelings or anything." Finney muttered when Faye didn't respond and her hands came to a halt, glancing up at her. She just gave him a soft smile, getting back to work while digging.

"You didn't hurt my feelings, I was just thinking." Faye responded, seeing as Finney stood up with a handful of dirt and made his way over to the toilet once again. After it flushed, he must have been getting a drink from the tank due to the extra time he spent in the room behind Faye.