vi. 'liar'

"Don't go upstairs."

"Why not?" Both Faye and Finney turned around to face the door that lead to the staircase that they were about to go up moments ago, sending each other confused glances while doing so. Faye was most likely going to go upstairs despite what the voice on the phone had been saying due to the fact it'd be their only chance at escaping, though, she thought she should at least listen to what they had to say.

"It's a trap."

"Are you-- are you Bruce?" Finney asked the voice on the other side of the phone, not recognizing it whatsoever. It didn't sound anything like what Bruce had, and it confused not only him but Faye as well.

"Who's Bruce?"

"We were just talking to Bruce." Faye responded softly, turning her head back to the door and considering just going through it now. She didn't have much to lose, after all, and if she got caught Finn would still be able to leave if he ever got the chance. 

In all honesty, despite how much she didn't want to admit it, Finney would be perfectly fine without her and would survive on his own. Faye was just there.

"I don't know any Bruce."

"He's the baseball player." Finney responded to the unknown voice that came through the phone, glancing over at Faye who turned slowly and began walking toward the door that led upstairs. She didn't have time to listen to whoever was talking to them-- if anyone even was. Who knows, they might have just been going crazy.

She needed to go, now.

"We don't play baseball here."

"Who are you?" Finney wondered after glancing over at Faye, wondering what she was trying to do. 

"Don't let her go up there." The voice basically demanded through the phone, it somehow seeing that Faye was about to open the door and make her way upstairs, leaving Finney to tend to the phone.

"Faye, hang on." Finney spoke softly from where he stood, assuring that the man upstairs wouldn't be able to hear him now that the door was open slightly. The short-haired girl turned around softly, shaking her head back and forth and refusing to give up now. If this was going to be her chance to make it out of there, she was going to take it.

"Don't. Let. Her. Go. Up. There." The voice got progressively louder as Faye turned around to begin making her way up the stairs once again, ignoring Finney's requests for her to stay. So, Finney placed the phone on top of the receiver and quickly rushed to where Faye was beginning to go.

He grabbed onto her hand last second, his fingers wrapped tightly around her pinkie to prevent her from leaving. His eyes pleaded for her to just hang on a second and talk to him down in the basement so they could figure everything out, the girl sighing softly with a look of annoyance and reluctantly following him back down the stairs.