ix. 'you don't have much time.'

"Hello?" Finney questioned into the phone, quickly turning around to see if the figure had still been there and finding nothing

"Hello?" Finney questioned into the phone, quickly turning around to see if the figure had still been there and finding nothing. Faye found a slight sensation of relief come over her, running her hands through her hair and awaiting a voice to come through the phone.

"You don't have much time. The grabber hasn't been sleeping. He thinks this might be it. That he's gonna figure it out."

"Who's gonna figure it out?" Faye's voice was slightly wobbly due to the anxiety that came over her previously, Finney sending her a reassuring glance and holding the phone tighter between the both of them. 

"His brother upstairs."

"Are you Griffin?" Finney questioned, starting to come to a realization due to the constant giggling that was coming through the phone. Griffin was the youngest out of all of those kidnapped, and the first. so just about everyone knew him.

"Who?"

"Griffin Stagg." Faye responded for the boy next to her, him sending her an agreeing glance to assure she knew that they were on the same page. Faye picked at the skin that surrounded her fingernails, feeling as small droplets of blood formed on them but she just continued picking. She had nothing else to relieve the anxiety, after all. 

"Probably. It's all a little hazy, but I imagine you know all our names."

"Every kid does. I didn't know you." Finney responded, knowing that Faye didn't either so he didn't bother mentioning her. Although, due to the floating figure from earlier, in which Faye assumed was Griffin, he most likely already knew that she was there.

"Nobody did. You spend so many years invisible, and then very kid in the state knows your name. You don't have much time."

"Why hasn't he killed us?" Faye questioned, genuinely curious as to why he didn't kill not only her for what she did, but Finney along with her. 

"You won't play the game. Faye did. He needs you to both to play. If you don't play, he can't win."

"What game?" Finney wondered aloud, Faye sighing to herself and realizing that she lowered their chances of getting out of there alive by going upstairs and 'playing the game'. Now all that needed to happen would be Finney going upstairs and they're done for. She felt guilty, in all honesty. If she hadn't gone upstairs, her back wouldn't be stinging at every small bend it made and they would have a higher chance of escaping.

"Naughty Boy. If you don't play Naughty Boy, The Grabber can't beat you. And if he can't beat you, he can't move onto the next part. And the next part of Naughty Boy is his favorite part."

The name struck Faye's heart, it reminding her of when moments before the belt collided with her skin, the man muttered the same words. Finney's hands fidgeted around while holding the phone, only wanting to put it down and check on Faye after seeing her bloody fingers and pale face.