xiii. bloody handprints

Finney's scream ruptured through the air and a gasp followed by a hand slapping over her mouth came from Faye shortly after

Finney's scream ruptured through the air and a gasp followed by a hand slapping over her mouth came from Faye shortly after. She saw as the Grabber slowly game down the stairs, half of his face covered by the damned mask that constantly covered his face. 

Faye could hear as Finney began hyperventilating on the other side of the room, wanting nothing more than to go over there and help him through it. Though, she was trying her best to keep herself calm from the horrifying sight that soon clashed to the ground. A puddle of blood soon formed beneath where Max fell to the floor, the axe still lodged into his head. 

The hand that covered Faye's mouth due to the shock that overcame her body, to no avail lowered, and she still was processing the sight that was in front of her. Though, she didn't really get much more time to process it as she saw the Grabber nearing the bottom of the stairs.

Before she could even realize what she was doing, Faye darted over to where Finney stood. Sure, she was going against the plan, but it was going to have to work. There was no way Faye was willing to stand that close to both a dead body and the Grabber at the same time-- she would soon become one of the dead bodies if she stayed put.

Blood stained the Grabber's shirt and splattered upon his mask and chin, revealing the dark look upon his face. The sight was the worst part. Seeing how the man who had kidnapped them in the first place was splattered with blood staring them down  was a horrifying thing to see, and if they didn't react soon, the Grabber would get his way very quickly.

"Look what you made me do." The Grabber's voice was oddly calm regarding what he had just done moments ago. Finney glanced in horror at the body that lay on the ground, Faye's eyes following. She couldn't stand to look at it for over a second, so just as quickly as she looked at Max-- or what once was-- her eyes were immediately back on the bloodied man. "You made me kill my brother."

"No." Finney managed to get out within pants of breath, begging for any intake of air to come slowly within his lungs. "It wasn't me. I..." Finney continued hyperventilating at the sight, taking a few steps forward and off the wall. His eyes were basically glued on the dead body the majority of the time, not being able to take his eyes off it.

"He was an idiot." The Grabber groaned, his voice darker as he spoke. His head turned to his lifeless brother on the floor with the axe still lodged into his skull, Faye wondering what was on his mind. Though, it wasn't her main concern at the moment. "But he was my idiot. I'm sorry, Max." The Grabber made his way over to his brother's body, both Faye and Finney keeping their eyes on him.

"Now I'm gonna have to put you with the others." He sighed. "Looks like you'll find those naughty boys after all." The man grabbed the handle of the axe within both his hands, lifting it and removing it from his skull with a loud squelch. Both Faye and Finney cringed and grimaced at the noise and sight, the boy's hand tightening around the hefty phone within his hand.

The blade of the axe dripped with blood once it was finally pulled from Max's skull, and Faye could taste a tinge of metallic flavor within her mouth. She thought, momentarily, that the sight of blood triggered something in her body, though, she soon realized there was actual blood in her mouth. Faye had bitten her lip far to hard at the sight and sound of the axe being removed from Max's head, and blood was slowly pooling in her mouth.