x. 'wake up'

Faye held Finney's hand as if her life depended on it

Faye held Finney's hand as if her life depended on it. She didn't have much else to lean on to ease the nearing anxiety that was soon about to boil over, so she was definitely thankful for Finney. If it wasn't for him, she would have been dead at this point, just like all the other missing boys. 

Reaching for the door handle, Finney sent Faye one last reassuring glance before the door creaked open and he turned back around to begin walking up it with her following. Surprisingly, Finney didn't react whatsoever to the death grip of Faye's hand around his, his feet beginning to lead him up the stairs.

Faye realized that if her father saw her right now, he would beat her into oblivion for being such a pussy, releasing some of the pressure that was building up around Finney's hand and allowing him to finally get some circulation within it. Throughout her time down there, Faye softened drastically around the boy, and it was too big of a change for her, this entire thing was. Being kidnapped was a pretty big thing, after all. 

She still kept her fingers entwined with his, though, allowing him to lead her up the stairs cautiously. The only thought that was invading her anxious mind was what she would be seeing after turning the corner. Both of them knew that he'd be there regardless, but it was really just debating on whether or not he was actually asleep as Griffin had said. None of them lied previously, why would they start now?

When they finally turned the corner, Faye withheld a gasp from escaping her lips when she saw the Grabber sitting in the stool he had been in when he originally beat her. Finney gripped her hand just as tight as she did to his, both because he was nervous and the fact he knew she was trying her best to stay quiet and he wanted to keep the silence.

They could hear the quiet snores emitting from the man, signaling that he was fully asleep and not just pretending to be. Though, he could still be fake sleeping, so they'd have to be as cautious about this as possible in case he wasn't.

Finney suddenly began walking slowly, Faye being forced to follow due to the fact their hands were still locked together. The both of them walked right next to where he had been sleeping, getting a good look at the grim mask that covered his face, seeing that under the shadows, his eyes were closed. 

Faye wanted nothing but to find a knife and slit the man's throat in that moment, but she knew that she couldn't risk not being able to find one and getting her throat slit in return. So, she continued walking with Finney and refused to let go of his hand until it was absolutely necessary. 

As they continued walking slowly throughout the house, they realized that they entered a living room with a board that was sprawled out with the missing kids, Faye easily finding a picture of both her and Finney, dates next to their names-- the dates they went missing. As she continued glancing around the board, she saw the other missing kids and dates around their photos as well. 

She assumed this is what Griffin meant when he said 'his brother upstairs'. Hopefully, if this didn't turn out the way that they were hoping, his brother would be able to find it out and get the man arrested for what he had done to the both of them. Not just them, all of them. All five of the other missing kids, both her and Finney making it seven.