Chapter 2: Case 1 (1-4)

Third-person pov: 

(Case 1-1)

Frank got into the cafeteria. No one was there besides Stacey and (y/n). Frank then walked to the coffee machine, and poured himself a cup. The news played in the background. "I've been told that we have received a broadcast from our field reporter Rebecca Chang who is inside Fortune City." It then skipped to Rebecca Chang reporting on the outbreak. 

(y/n) and Stacey looked at the TV. "It is clear that outbreak started in the Fortune City Arena during last nights "Terror is Reality" show." Rebecca said. Stacy and (y/n) got up from the table and walked towards the TV. Rebecca went on. "Information received from a behind the scenes source reveals that this outbreak was not an accident. But rather an act of terrorism.

That caught Frank's attention. "Ah, Rebecca. Look at you. Not the weather girl anymore." Frank said with a slight bit of impression in his voice. All three of them stood in front of the TV.

Rebecca then said "It may be upsetting to some viewers." The TV then cut to a guy placing a bomb on the cages. He then walked off and a few seconds later, the bomb went off. Then it went to static. Then it went back to Rebecca. "Initial report suggests, that the man in the video is a member of the protest group CURE."

Frank and (y/n) looked shocked. They then said "CURE?" at the same time.

Rebecca went on. "The authority's speculate that CURE was attempting to discredit Terror Is Reality. Or to shock Americans out of what CURE sees as their complacency. No statement of responsibility has yet been received. This horrible act of terror appears to be an escalation of violence for the protest group. This is Rebecca Chang, reporting live from the Fortune City Hotel, in the heart of Fortune City."

Frank and (y/n) then looked at Stacey. Frank then said. "You... What the hell! That was YOUR picture on that screen."

Stacey then stepped back. "Where the hell did that come from?" She said in her defence. 

Frank then stepped forward "It came from the security cameras, lady!" What the hell were thinking? Your group's got a reputation but come on!" He then put his hand up to the TV.

Stacey then stepped behind the table, putting her hand on a chair. "CURE had nothing to do with this!" She said trying to convince (y/n) and Frank. 

(y/n) looked up and exhaled. "It's pretty easy to say that, isn't it? But you're gonna need more than that." He said.

Frank then took over. "So, you better start talking." He slams his hands on the table in an aggressive way. "Right... now..." Frank demanded. 

Stacy then got defensive. "I'm telling you, we're being set up. We've been accused of things before but we don't believe in violence. Or someones convenient excuse."

Frank responded in a sceptical manner. "Oh really?"

Stacey glided her hand on the table walking towards the door. "It's not the first time that members of CURE have been falsely accused of being involved in an outbreak." She told Frank. Frank then stood back up. "I've gotta find who ever leaked that type. That damn TK and his horrible show..." She went on.

Frank then responded. "I'm not saying I believe you, but something ain't right. That's for damn sure." He pointed at the TV. "I needed something to get back in the game. I investigate this. Then maybe I can get back to what I do best." He then asked. "The reporter. Where is she?"

(y/n) then answered the question before Stacey. "She said she was in the hotel."

Stacey stopped at the door. Before she left she then said something. "I-I know this could end up being a big chance for your career. But don't forget... This could mean my life." she said before leaving.