Chapter 9: Case 8 (1-3)

3rd-person pov: 

(Case 8-1: Bad to Worse)

The party of five went into the cafeteria after their little talk with TK. He got infected and the team were still deciding whether he should live or not.

But mean while Frank walked over to the TV, with Sullivan, (y/n), Stacey, and Rebecca huddled around it. The reporter then came on the screen. "Government sources have confirmed that has indeed been a dangerous mutation of the zombie contagion within the city. Early indications of survivors at the official emergency shelter were proven false when a military rescue team entered the shelter only to find it completely overrun and everyone already dead." When the reporter said that, Stacey covered her mouth in shock. 

The reporter went on. "Contact with the rescue team was abruptly as they attempted to exit the city. They are now presumed to have also perished in the outbreak. In light of this new information, the President has ordered the immediate eradication of everything within the quarantine zone. Military bombers are preparing to execute these orders at precisely 7 o'clock." When (y/n) heard that, his heart sank to his stomach.

Stacey turned around and looked at everyone. "You think I'm still paranoid?! She said in a stern but panicked voice. 

Sullivan stepped into the situation. "They just got the wrong information. Now calm down and relax." Sullivan ordered.

Stacey stomped towards him. "Calm down?!? The government is going to bomb us!" Stacey angerly responded. 

"Now ease up there, missy. The government is simply not going to kill a bunch of unarmed civilians." Sullivan said trying to convince Stacey.

"That would be un-American!" Stacey sarcastically responded. 

"Hey! We simply need to go out there and take control!" Sullivan added on, raising his voice.

"Go out there? Are you out of your mind?" Stacey said, becoming more frantic. 

Frank then stepped in. "Hey, fighting won't get us anywhere. We need to stay calm." Frank said surprisingly calm.

"I did not work this hard just to get blasted off this rock. I've got to get in touch with my station. They'll come get me - hell, they'll come get everyone. This is the story of the century!" Rebecca said.

"Don't you get it? There is no way out." Stacey added on.

"By the looks of it. TK planned to rob this city, but it doesn't explain the rest of it. It just doesn't add up." (y/n) said.

"We know TK framed CURE and started the outbreak, but there's no way he could access the media with the lie that we're all dead." Rebecca said.

"And he couldn't order a military firebombing." Stacey added on.

"This is bigger than TK. WAY bigger." Rebecca said.

Sullivan the then stepped in again. "Look we've all been through a lot in the past few days, but don't go making it worse and start making things up." He said, putting his hands on the table in a stern fashion. 

Frank then spoke up. "Where'd that gas come from? Let me see your camera." Frank told Rebecca. 

Rebecca grabbed her camera and opened it. All five huddled around it. Rebecca went on. "I didn't notice it at the time. Everything was happening so fast. The gas... it looks like it's coming from underground." Rebecca said.

Frank nodded his head. "Ok. That's where we go next." Frank said.

Frank and (y/n) got up and turned around to the door. They were then stopped by Sullivan. "Whoa gentlemen. Those tunnels are gonna crawling with thousands of those gas zombies or whatever they are. Going down there is just plain suicide!" Sullivan said.