Chapter 3: Case 2 (1-2)

(Case 2-1: CURE-ious Information)

(y/n) pov:

We got back to the Safe House and entered the security room. Inside, Frank asked. "What's going on?" We approached Stacey. 

Stacey then said. "I'm pretty sure I saw somebody dragging a girl into the washroom over here. We looked at the monitors. 

"Oh yeah? Well maybe if we watch these monitors for a..." Frank stopped as we saw what Stacey described. 

"What the hell?! Hey

"What the hell?! Hey. That's the guy I saw taking money from TK." Frank said while putting his hands down on the table, slouching over. We then saw him kick the girl and screaming maniacally.

Stacey then said. "Oh no, not him. He's part of CURE." She put her hand to mouth covering it.

Frank and I then turned to her. "He's part of CURE? I thought you guys were being set up." I told her.

She then responded. "(y/n), that guy was a new recruit. I never saw him before this protest." She then stood up and walked out of her chair. She sighed. 

"Yeah, that's a good one." Frank said sarcastically.

Stacey looked up and put her hands up. "Of course. TK must have planted this guy in our group. To do his dirty work." She said.

Frank then looked at her. "Oh yeah? Well I'm going to find out what he knows about this." Frank walked towards the door.

"I'm coming with you." I said while walking beside him.

"Wait." We stopped and turned to look at her. "Be careful. It looks like he's gone off the deep end." She cautioned us.

Frank then Responded. "I've covered wars, you know." We then walked out of the room.

(Case 2-2: A Familiar Face)

We went into the Uranus Zone restrooms to see it all bloody. Frank and I looked around. We then heard. "The movement is growing... soon, we'll all be part of the change..." We saw a guy with a green sweetener with blood all over him, mumbling to himself. He looked really unstable. 

"Hey, you uh

"Hey, you uh... you all right?" Frank asked him. 

He turned around to see us. "It wasn't supposed to go down like that... but now, I see how radical it is. Now, my life has meaning again. It's perfect this way. So I'm on board now. It's the only way, man." He mumbled without sense.

"What about TK?" Frank asked him.

"I'm a soldier for the cause, man." The guy spoke up again.

"So it was you who started the outbreak?" Frank asked him.

The man started to tremble. "First it was horrible, the zombies, the zombies we've been trying to save... killing people... eating people..." The man looked up suddenly. "but then I saw how brilliant the plan is... it's the best way to end the oppression." He turned to us. "It's so radical..." He put his hands on Frank's shoulders. "it's beautiful, man." We then saw the girl who was getting dragged into the stalls behind Brandon.

"Please... help me." She begged us.

We then stepped back. Brandon smiled at us and walked towards a nearby stall. "So I'm helping now. I'm a soldier for the cause, man." He opened the stall to let a zombie out. It then walked towards the girl.

 In a split second I reacted. "No!" I said, pushing the zombie back into the stall and shutting the door. "This is not the way to help anybody!" I then went on.

Brandon glared at me. "Oh, I see. You're losing the courage to do what needs to be done!" He responded to me furious. He then reached down and grabbed a glass shard. "Well, I have the guts..." He then put the shard to the girl's throat, about to slit it."and I'm taking this thing all the way!" And in a slit second, he slit her throat right in front of us. Blood gushed everywhere. Frank and I watched in shock. The girl fell limp to the floor, dead. 

We then looked at Brandon, who looked at us. He glided the shard across his neck, taunting us. He then ran to the other side of the stall. We walked back. He then jumped at us with the shard. He swung it down, we rolled out of the way. He slouched over dazed, trying to catch his breath. I punched him cheekbone and he grunted. I tried to hit him again but he dodged it. In a split second, he slashed my upper arm. "Dammit!" I grunted, holding my arm in pain. 

Frank then came and jump-kicked him. He flinched a bit. Then he spun around knocking both me and Frank on our ass. 

While we were down, he ran to the stalls. "You'll be happy when you're free!" Brandon said jumping into the stalls. He then began launching zombies at us from out of the stalls. 

"I got the zombies." I said. Frank went for Brandon. I took care of the zombies on the other side of the stall. 

Four zombies came after me. I tripped the first zombie and stomped on his head. Causing its head to explode all over the floor. The other zombie I took it by its shirt and slammed it against the wall, it fell down and I kneed its head in the wall, crushing its skull. The third one, I thumbed it's eyeballs out. I took my thumbs out of its eyes and it fell limp. The fourth one grabbed me and tried to bite me. I stepped back and opened the stall door, slamming it into the zombie. It let go of me and I tackled it. Punching it in the face mercilessly. 

After beating the fourth zombie to death I went to the bathroom entrance to see Brandon defeated by Frank. Frank stood beside me and we watched Brandon stumbling against the stalls, grunting in pain. Under the pressure of Brandon's hand, he accidentally went into one of the stalls where the zombie I shoved back in earlier was. He got bit and he screamed in pain. He went out of the stall holding his neck. It was dripping with blood. He walked further and put his hand in front of himself. "No..." He said. In a split second, he took the glass shard to his throat and forcefully dragged it across his neck. Blood squirted out and he fell on his knees and fell over lifeless.

I wiped off my hands on my shirt and held my cut. Frank looked at me. "(y/n), you all right?" He said looking at my wound. 

"It's just a scratch." I reassured him. 

Frank then got a call from Stacey. "Frank, did you guys find out anything from that guy? Get back to the bunker. I need to know." She said. Frank hung up. 

I took a picture of the place. I put my camera down and looked at Frank. "Yeah, we're gonna have a REAL nice chat..." I said while we walked out.