20

Maahi trots towards the door after a series of doorbell rings blared inside the house. Clasping the door handle in her little fingers she pulled the doors open.
"Ye--------" she stops dead on finding the creepy Karanvir on her doorstep. A look of horror flashed across her face as she recalled the gorey visuals from last night's drama. The pedophile lying in the pool of his own blood was still fresh in her head.
"Hi Maahi." his 'extra' tender voice dragged her back into reality. She looked at him in terror and gulped. Contrary to how he looked last night today he appeared pretty chilled out and 'sweet' which was a relief because seeing his diabolical temperament last night she thinks she can tolerate the 'creepy' Karanvir but not the 'devil' Karanvir.
"Bhaiya!!!" she called out to her brother. Karanvir gasped.
"That's alright I am not here to see them. I'm here for you." he faltered. Maahi's eyes bugged out. See her!!! Why on earth would he want to see her?? There's nothing special about her. She's little chubby and unattractive for the most part, yes she was cute as most people complimented her with that but nothing really was interesting about her. And him, a 6'3-6'4 guy, six pack abs, tall, dark and handsome kinda young 'macho man', why would he find her any much interesting?? Aren't handsome guys supposed to fall for sexy girls who wear clothes shorter than a handkerchief?? She frowned.
"But why??" she asked nervously. He stepped closer to her and she sprang back in fear. His small almond eyes were dark and unforgiving as they looked into her own pair of scared ones.
"I hope he didn't hurt you last night." he said, his eyes clouding with anger and loath. Maahi timidly shook her head.
"When he came beside you you should've told me maahi. I would've killed him then and there before he could lay his dirty finger on you." he spoke, slightly disappointed. Maahi gasped. What is wrong with this guy?? He's talking about a cold blooded murder and no look of remorse is in his eyes. Even his tongue didn't falter while saying that.
"Um....Um.."
"Sir Hi!!! How are you??" luv cried loudly from behind. Karanvir rolled his eyes in exasperation. Luv came running towards them.
"What a pleasant surprise!!! How are you sir??" luv chirped like a fangirl. Karanvir forced a smile on his lips and looked furtively at maahi's disengaged figure. Luv's loudness invited her entire family to the door. Her mother, hands stained with dough, smiled warmly at karanvir's big figure. Karanvir stepped in and touched her feet. She blushed. What a sweet boy he is!!! She thought.
"Oh dear, please sit. I'll bring something to eat for you." said she hospitably. Karanvir blushed while maahi was chagrined. From the drawing room came out her father, a little grumpy on finding the boy he detests the most standing inside his house. Karanvir's smile disappeared and he looked nervous. Gingerly he moved towards her father and touched his feet. Mr. Khandewal was still unimpressed.
"Mr. Roy, what makes you bring here so early in the morning??" he asked coldly. Karanvir looked nervously at maahi's mother.
"Mr. Khandewal, this is not how you treat your guests!!! You may go to the dining room, I've laid your breakfast there. Maahi you also go and eat with your father." said the lady of the house sternly. Mr. Khandewal grumbled.
"Ofcourse dear. I guess Mr. Roy will be comfortable here in the hall while me and my daughter have our breakfast in the dining room." hissed her father as he gently held Maahi's hand and went into the dining room. Karanvir pouted while watching her little figure disappearing inside the dining room.

When maahi moved outside her house with her father the first thing she saw was the creepy Karanvir sitting on his jeep and on his either side stood her brothers. Once his eyes fell on her, his face lightened up and he blushed deeply. Maahi quickly lowered down her eyes and walked towards her car.
"Maahi, come with us!!" kush yelled excitedly. Before maahi, maahi's father lifted his head up and growled at his mulish headed son.
"I'm not sending off my precious girl with three looneys." he stated insolently and sat inside his car. Karanvir frowned but said nothing. Maahi quietly sat inside the car and before karanvir's eyes the car sped off up the road. The twins groaned.
"This guy is seriously bonkers sometimes!!!" they seethed. Karanvir glared at them.
"Don't say like that." he warned them sternly. The twins were surprised.
"C'mon you don't know him. He's our father and we know he can be a total jerk at times." said luv defensively. Karanvir huffed.
"He's something to me as well." karanvir said unthoughfully. The twins watched him in perplexity.
"And what was that supposed to mean??" asked kush puzzled. Karanvir's tongue slipped inside the two sets of his pearly white teeth. He watched the twins awkwardly, thinking how to redo the damage he had caused just two seconds before.
"Um..... we're getting late. Hop in quickly." karanvir covered up gingerly. The twins gasped and jumped inside the jeep.