21

"What was his height??" asked the officer grimly. Maahi bit her lip nervously and peeked at karanvir's big frame propped against the doorframe.
"Um more or less like him." she softly aimed her finger at Karanvir. Khandelwals looked at karanvir's poised figure with joined brows. The latter was unmoved.
"6'3." he said blankly.
"Pardon." the officer looked at him casually.
"My height." he answered insolently. The officer nodded and scribbled down something in his notepad. Mr. Khandewal frowned at karanvir. Early in the morning this guy fell from infinity to his home and he didn't like him even a bit, especially when he's 'too sweet' around his daughter.
"Do you happen to remember any bit of his clothing??" asked the officer, looking at her nervous figure.
"It was too dark. I don't remember his clothes but I do remember his scent. Um, he had the same perfume on as Mr. Roy wears. I guess." maahi spoke quietly. Again khandelwals turned towards karanvir's, now, slightly jittery figure.
"Dior Sauvage, my perfume." karanvir told the officer earnestly.
"Wow!!! That's so expensive.....I wish I had that perfume." luv whined. Maahi's father literally wanted to kick him out of his house.
"I'll give you. I am not a huge fan of it TBH." Karanvir said with a smile. The officer sighed before closing his notepad.
"Well, I have the details of him now even if they are very small ones and we'll see what we can do. Don't worry, we'll nab this bastard."
"Language." Karanvir barked indignantly. The officer shuddered. Maahi gasped.
"Ofcourse he's a bastard and might I know why are you so concerned about this guy??" asked Mr. Khandewal in disdain. Karanvir gasped. He looked at the suspecting face of her father and cleared his throat.
"I mean um..... he might be....you know.....um, not every stalker is a bad guy and we should never judge anyone."
"You will make a bad philosopher if you ever tried your hand in it." Mr. Khandewal cried resentfully. Karanvir rolled his eyes.
"Stop it. Officer please just hunt him down soon. I am so scared for my daughter." said her mother anxiously. The officer nodded.
"We'll do everything we can. But I'll still suggest to not leave Ms. Maahi alone at anytime. Most of the times the stalker is someone who is well known to the victim so...."
"Then why be a stalker??" asked kush in confusion. Officer picked up his notepad and stood up.
"Unrequited love is a big thing. Not every person knows how to deal with it. Take care Ms. Maahi." said the officer and left. Maahi lifted up her eyes and found Karanvir's deep penetrating eyes staring upon her. She gulped and turned to her father.
"Papa, let's go. My classes will begin soon." maahi said to her father. Mr. Khandewal smiled and nodded.
"Mr. Khandewal, you have an important meeting today. You leave, maahi will go with luv-kush in karanvir's jeep." maahi's mother told her father. Karanvir's eyes twinkled as he contained a smile in his mouth. Maahi gasped and quickly shook her head in dissent.
"What!!! Honey are you barmy?? I won't allow my only daughter to go with three lunatics." Mr. Khandewal roared. Karanvir muttered curses under his breath.
"Mr. Khandewal maahi is going with her brothers and Mr. Roy and that's final. You need to start giving her some space. She needs to go out with people of her age." her mother said firmly. Maahi looked fearfully at Karanvir who was smirking evily.
"Her age. Lord!!! This guy is damn 6-7 years older than her and look dear, I do not trust strangers so easily like you. Maahi will go with her father that is me." Mr. Khandewal spat angrily while his wife was unmoved.
"Mr. Khandewal." warned she raising her brow. Mr. Khandewal gulped.
"Mumma please.....I don't want to go with them...." whined maahi. Her mother sighed.
"Maahi your father is running late for the office already. C'mon, don't be a baby.... Karanvir and your brothers will safely drop you to the college. Right Mr. Roy!!!" Mrs. Khandewal said smiling. Karanvir blushed and nodded. Mr. Khandewal turned towards him, his eyes flashing with anger. Karanvir felt nervous under those pensive eyes of his.
"Now you young man. Can I stake my trust on you that you will drop my daughter safely to her college??" asked Mr. Khandewal sharply. Karanvir inhaled deeply.
"Yes Sir. I'll make sure your daughter is safe. You can trust me with that." he answered confidently. Maahi pouted as she looked up at her father. All of a sudden his phone rang. He picked up and talked on the phone for a minute or more. Once he disconnected the call there was this big smile plastered on his slightly wrinkled face.
"My meeting's cancelled which means I am taking my daughter to college. Ciao!!" Mr. Khandewal smirked slyly before taking her daughter's hand and walking out of the house. Karanvir glared at his departing figure.
"Tch Tch!! He is such an over protective father." Mrs. Khandewal grumbled. Karanvir yet was fuming.
"Crank!!" Karanvir muttered peeved and stormed outside.