31

"Thanks vaishu. I don't know what I would've done without you." whispered maahi, sitting behind vaishali. Her hands on her shoulders.
"C'mon stop it. I did nothing honestly." she said sweetly. Vaishali was driving her Activa 6g and maahi was on the back seat of her vehicle. Ofcourse it is paramount for me to provide reasons for their current situation. So, it happened somewhat like this. Maahi saw karanvir's jeep parked outside her house. Immediately the events of yesterday evening flashed before her eyes. Horrified, she rang vaishali up and blabbered all she could remember of last night. Concerned vaishali pulled up her bike and quickly made her way to her friend's residence. By then, maahi had already managed to fool everybody, including Karanvir, telling them that she's unwell. Karanvir didn't get to see her, for she didn't leave her room until he was gone, and his agitation was thus well justified and evident. Anyways, once he had left on his jeep, vaishali drove down the street and drew her bike up by her house. Maahi quickly got ready, said her good byes to her parents, climbed onto the bike and left for her college.
"I'm so scared vaishu. I never know Karanvir had this in his head all the while. I'm so scared of him." maahi said apprehensively. Vaishali drew in a breath while driving up the steep winding road.
"To be honest, I did see that coming. I mean, the way he was around you....it just gave me the impression that he was into you. But, I swear I thought it was just a tinsy infatuation and it would go away on its own. Oh!!! How wrong I was babe. Honestly, I am a bit scared myself. I've lived in this town for my entire life, and so has Karanvir, and girl, you're the first one he's shown any interest in. I have heard tons of stories of him drubbing people, breaking into properties, brawls and stuff but never of him with a girl. It is indeed terrifying to hear what he said to you yesterday. You know what babe, my boyfriend says when a bad boy falls, he fucking falls hard. If Karanvir is in love with you, than he'll go to any length to have you all for himself. I don't wanna scare you but I guess you deserve to know the truth." explained vaishali grimly. Maahi's heartbeat soared.
"Oh vaishu!!! Why me..... I'm not even pretty." whispered maahi. Vaishali chuckled.
"That's what you think sweetheart. And more than the looks, it's about how pure you are. Rarely bad people fall for people like them. They are mostly attracted to good people. Same is the case with Karanvir. He knows how to distinguish between a whore and a princess. He is aware how sweet you are, and that you are too pure and kind hearted. And most importantly, you are the only girl who ignores him, him- The Karanvir Roy. You are perfect for him, I mean you are the perfect girl a 'bad boy' would want to settle with." vaishali told her. Maahi gasped loudly.
"You sound like his lawyer. And I am not a perfect girl. A handsome guy like him deserves a very beautiful girl, not me who has average looks." maahi said defensively. Vaishali chuckled.
"A handsome man will never want an overly beautiful girl. That moron knows how many eyes wander upon you when you're attractive. And let's not even discuss that, after all you are very pretty. Doesn't matter you admit this or not. As much as I know Karanvir the jerk, he's not a guy who falls for a woman's beauty. Beauty is cheap nowadays babe. He loves you because he knows how precious you are. And...... wait a minute, is that him behind us." vaishali gnashed her teeth as she turned her head. Maahi looked into the mirror and gasped loudly. There he was, behind them on his jeep. Clothed in black, and wearing that tough scary look on his handsome face, he drove smoothly up the road. Within a second it dawned on them both that he was following them, or following maahi.
"Oh God!!! What do we do now???" gasped maahi. Vaishali passed him a murderous look through the mirror. That's another thing that he didn't see it.
"We show this loser our middle finger and race towards our college." breathed vaishali before speeding up and powering down the road. Karanvir kept the speed constant. With their hearts in their mouths, they fishtailed over the road and somehow reached the college without the creepy Karanvir harassing them.

Vaishali was happy that they had finally outmanoeuvred Karanvir the dork. But that happiness was short lived once they saw him waiting for them in the parking area. Maahi was already shivering.
"Maahi, just be calm. You don't have to fear this mule over here ok. Let's go to our class. He can entertain himself here." vaishali told her softly. Maahi nodded meekly, uncomfortable under his icy, cold stare. They turned to walk to their building.
"Maahi." and here we go again. Maahi kept walking while vaishali stopped and glared at him.
"How did you get here before us dork??" she asked him hatefully. Maahi still kept on walking. Behind her she could hear his heavy footsteps nearing her. Her heart drummed in her chest.
"I got shortcuts. Now if you'll excuse me." he hissed and ran behind maahi. Vaishali fumed.
"Maahi listen." and he had overtaken her on foot. She stopped dead on finding him right on her face.
"Why are you running away from me?? Are you mad at me for something." he asked, his voice soft. Maahi gulped.
"Please..... just stay away from me." she stuttered, barely audible. Karanvir's face hardened.
"That's never gonna happen. I thought we'd already talked about that." he said grimly. Vaishali came to maahi's rescue.
"Are you here to apologise for your behaviour last night??" hissed vaishali. Karanvir spared her an uninterested look.
"I didn't do anything wrong. Maahi, I won't apologise for the feelings I'd held back for so long. It had to come out this way or the other. I love you and that's all this will always be about." said Karanvir flatly. Maahi didn't look up. Vaishali fumed.
"In that case. Go to hell Mr. Dork. Maahi is not interested in you." declared vaishali before grabbing maahi's hand and walking down the pathway to her department. Karanvir balled his fists.
"Maahi. Maahi...." and his yellings went into deaf ears. Maahi was gone.