42

"I feel like a fool to be honest." cried vaishali indignantly. Maahi stroked her back consolingly.
"Just let go vaishu. He never deserved you. You'll find someone better. I know you will." maahi told her softly. Vaishali smiled upon her gracefully.
"I know I will. And to be honest, I just don't give a damn about him now. I am too young to be weeping over someone undeserving. He is a coward. I don't even wanna think about him. His chapter is closed once and for all." vaishali said to her solemnly. Maahi smiled.
"You're very strong vaishu. Sometimes I feel like I should take some lessons on how to be strong from you. Trust me I have seen girls literally weeping for months after a breakup but look at you...... you're just being you, Vaishali the witch. I'm super proud of you not gonna lie." maahi told her faithfully. Vaishali chuckled.
"Maahi, life has given me second chances but never a second option. Being a badass bitch was never an option but a necessity for me. I've to be strong. Not just me, every girl needs to be strong. Coz that's the only way you can survive. The strongest people only survive, the rest are simply eliminated." vaishali told her kindly. Maahi smiled weakly.
"Well, let's leave this topic. How's Karanvir??" asked she. Maahi drew in a breath.
"Um he's gone to Uday's house." she told her gently. Vaishali gasped loudly.
"But why??" asked she impatiently. Maahi knew this would happen. But she was willing to do anything for vaishali, even if it was bludgeoning Uday. Ofcourse Karanvir will do that to him for her.
"Well last night we both decided that he needs to be confronted for his actions. And vaishu, the major problem is not Uday but his evil mother. Uday just loses his voice in front of her." maahi gave her a reason. Vaishali frowned.
"Maahi this isn't required. I'm done with Uday. There is no need to confront him. It's all over between us." vaishali spoke loudly. Maahi looked her in the eye.
"You can forgive him and move on but I can't vaishu. The least he can get is a slap from Karanvir. He deserves it vaishu. He played with your feelings. I'm not going to let's him walk away so easily. And you don't worry, I've Karanvir who's gonna take care of everything. Uday won't get away with anything." maahi told her firmly. For a moment vaishali could only look at her transfixed. How much this girl loved her, she thought. For once she was proud that Uday betrayed her. Atleast his betrayal showed her the true faces of people around her. His betrayal taught her who were her people and who weren't. And that that bad guy who she despised all her life because of her stupid boyfriend, was ready to throttle his own cousin brother just for her. She knew maahi cued him to approach Uday but he could've said no, since vaishali was always hostile towards him for no reason. But he didn't. The only reason why he didn't was because he genuinely felt bad for her and he wanted to confront the guy who broke her heart so brutally. And lastly this girl. Why she loved her so much, she couldn't even think. But in the end, she was proud to have her in her life and also Karanvir. The two people who still were rooting for her when her own family was trying to pin everything on her, accusing her to initiate a fight after which Uday dumped her. Well, she cared least about anybody's opinion. Perhaps this was one of the reasons why people were so scared to say things on her face. Anyways, back to the girls.
"Maahi I know whatever you guys are doing it's for me. But I really don't care about Uday now. And trust me if Karanvir hits him than his family is going to hold me responsible for everything. And I just don't want any drama now. Come on, let's go to his house and stop things once and for all. I want to have one last talk with him and his family before I just close his chapter finally." vaishali told her. Maahi sighed.
"Fine. If that's what you want. I'll come with you." maahi declared. Vaishali smiled weakly.

Uday's house was small. At least for a guy like Karanvir who's been raised up in a mansion. Uday's house was so ordinary that no amount of narration could bring life to that squalid, Lizol smelling habitation. At present it was Karanvir, Uday, his vamp mother, his meek father, his two foul mouthed sisters, his Clash of Clans playing younger brother were in attendence in the uncomfortably stocked hall. Uday's face was pallid in fear.
"So you don't think your son did anything wrong??" asked Karanvir, anger fringing his tone. The vamp frowned.
"No he didn't. That girl was seeing other boys....."
"Oh SHUT UP WOMAN!!! Even you know vaishali never even talked to any guy except for this rascal son of yours. The real reason you asked this coward to dump her was because you knew she couldn't bring the vast amount of dowry that you wanted your son's bride to bring. And don't you dare say otherwise because I know you better than vaishali does. You're a vile and greedy woman who'll do anything for money." Karanvir roared. Uday's mother shuddered. She knew Karanvir, unlike his father, wasn't soft when it comes to family members. Karanvir's father always tolerated her but there was little prospect that Karanvir will follow his footsteps, after all he knew how cunning and calculative is she.
"Karanvir you can't shout on my mother like this." Uday interposed, gently however. Karanvir glared down at him 5'9 frame. The brother bond was the only thing holding him back from pummeling his face. Karanvir couldn't even put in words how much he was hating him right now.
"Don't you have even a bit of shame left in you. That girl literally was ready to leave her home, her parents, her everything just for you. And what did you do?? You betrayed her. And when you were such a coward who couldn't even raise his voice in front of his vile mother than why the hell did you trapped her in the morass of your fake love. Why showed her all the dreams?? Why gave fake promises which you wouldn't keep in future?? You're not a man Uday. Had you been a man you wouldn't have let her go. A man knows how to treasure the woman he loves. He will go against anybody, even his manipulative family to be with his woman. I'm ashamed to even call you my brother." Karanvir said hatefully. Uday's head dropped in shame. He couldn't even look in his eyes. It wasn't that that he didn't feel bad for vaishali. He really loved her and he wanted to be with her. But he just couldn't go against his mother. He didn't had the required guts to do that.
"Why don't you mind your own business?? We don't vaishali in this house, what problem do you have with it??" said his filthy sister. Karanvir looked at her blankly.
"Does your mother know that you are selling your body for money??? Bloody Hoe." Karanvir smirked cruelly. The girl, whose name isn't important, gaped at him in shock. Uday's mother was watching her with a murderous glint in her eyes. Uday was looking at her in hatred.
"Vaishali loves your asshole son. I'll give you all the money you wish, just go to her house and apologize for your son's behaviour. Request her to take your idiot son back. I'll pay for the dowry. I just want vaishali to be happy." Karanvir offered sincerely. The vamp's eyes twinkled. Money. She was ready. But wait, she shouldn't make it too obvious that she's greedy as hell. A little drama needs to be put up here.
"No I don't....."
"No Karanvir." boomed a voice inside the hall. And enters a fuming vaishali accompanied by maahi. Uday's eyes started filling with tears of shame as soon as he saw her coming inside.
"Vaishali please let me handle this." Karanvir told her earnestly. Vaishali looked at him blankly.
"No Karanvir. If this guy cannot take a stand for our relationship now, than he can never ever stand up for me in future. I can't risk my mental peace by marrying a man who's a puppet of his mother. I want a man not a mime. You don't have to beg for me in front of these despicable people. If they don't want me than it's fine. I'm not dying to be your son's wife, filthy lady. I'll find a better guy for myself, who knows how to stand by me. I don't even want to associate myself with a family who's just so much hungry for money." she fumed. Uday was standing, eyes downcast, and crying inaudibly. His vamp mother was hot with anger. Maahi was watching Uday with hatred as Karanvir walked up and stood alongside her.
"You're so ill mannered..."
"Take a hike rat face lady. If I am short of manners than you don't even know there's anything called manners. And you know what, I've a free advice for you. Why don't you put your son up for sale?? Auction him. The one who puts up the highest bid will take him home and you'll get so much money. What say??" vaishali insulted the mother and son. Uday's mother was crossed. She wants money but no mother would auction her son. She's straight insulting her and her son. But she stayed silent. She knew if she said even a single word than Karanvir will surely throttle her. His patience had ran out already, she could tell it by the look in his eyes. Vaishali walked up to the ashamed figure of Uday who was too scared to look up at her.
"I'll always regret falling in love with you. You'll always be the worst mistake of my life." said she, throwing the ring he gave her on the valentine's day on his face. Uday still wouldn't look her in the eyes.
"Just wear a collar around your neck saying mom's pet. Bastard. Our relationship is over now forever. Now you are no one to me." she whispered hatefully before turning her heels and storming outside the house. Tears streamed down Uday's eyes, though he remained silent.
"You are going to handle all....." maahi whispered to Karanvir as she walked up to Uday. The latter was puzzled.
"This is for you loser." and maahi smacked him right across his face. Karanvir gasped loudly. So did Uday and his family.
"I hope your wife elopes with her lover with all your money on your wedding night. Bastard." and with that maahi stormed outside as well. Uday was still rubbing his cheek.
"Was that a warning for me??" Karanvir whispered to himself, mentally preparing notes of what he should and shouldn't do, unless he wishes to get slapped by her.

Maahi was still vaishali in the latter's house. Vaishali was doing fine, but you just don't get over someone so quickly right. But still vaishali was strong and trying to forget him and everything related to him. Suddenly, enters Karanvir and his father. Kavyansh was in his father's arms.
"Vaishali." his father called out to her. The girls stood up and bowed to him in respect. Kavyansh waved hi to maahi.
"Dear, I came to know everything from Karanvir this evening. I'm just so ashamed of Uday and his family. If there's anything I can do to...."
"It's ok uncle. I.... I'm fine just don't worry." vaishali assured him. Mr. Roy eyed her in pity.
"Do you want me to weed them out of the valley?? I'll do that for you dear. That's the least I can do for you." Mr. Roy offered solemnly. Vaishali shook her head.
"That's not needed. I'm over him. I don't care if he's in the valley or not. He just doesn't exist for me now." vaishali told him softly. Mr. Roy smiled at her.

After an hour of conversation with her, Mr. Roy and his sons started to leave. Maahi came to say them goodbye outside the door.
"Just take care of her dear. She's going through a really tough time." Mr. Roy said. Maahi nodded.
"Um I will uncle." she said softly. Mr. Roy chuckled.
"Start calling me father or Dad." he told her. Maahi blushed deeply. Karanvir grinned.
"Um......"
"Papa you forgot ice cream." kavyansh interposed cutely. Mr. Roy and Karanvir gasped loudly.
"I told you to remind me. You both are so bad...." Karanvir frowned at them. He wanted to bring ice cream for maahi. He loves to see her eyes twinkling when she sees ice cream. Mr. Roy huffed.
"I'm sorry dear, it just slipped from my mind somehow." he apologized softly, so unlike his reputation as a feared drug lord. Kavyansh giggled.
"I remembered it all along but I didn't remind you because I wanted bhaiya to get scolded by maahi." and he giggled cutely. Three of them chuckled.
"C'mon Maahi just scold this big tyke already." Mr. Roy told her smiling, kissing his son's chubby cheeks. Karanvir was laughing.
"Karan, if you forget my ice cream next time than I will hide the keys of your jeep. Is that enough kavi??" maahi playfully scolded Karanvir, the latter simply laughed. Kavyansh nodded and giggled.
"As you wish my lady." Karanvir said as he kissed maahi on her forehead.
___________________________________________
Every single vote matters and every single follower adds up to my family. So make sure you leave a vote and also follow me if you are liking this novel.