Did we just win the lottery?

I asked my boss for an earlier paycheck so that I could pay Mr. Sharma his rent because it's been five days since he waits for me to come home every day to remind me of the rent. I just wanna put an end to it. 

"Can I please get an advance paycheck? I need to pay my rent." I asked my boss, Mr. Laurent.

"Really Chloe? All you do is nothing but stay in the office until evening and then go get drunk at some bar. If you stop spending your money on drinks like that, you could actually save up your rent." 

"Can I just have the advance paycheck this once?" 

"It's not possible for us Chloe, to pay someone like you even when you are good for nothing. You did not prove to be an asset to this company as you said you would be. So, if you want the advanced paycheck, better leave the job after that. Can you do that?" 

"Sir, how can I leave my job? I need this money." 

"Well, if you can't leave "your job", then get back to your seat and continue the imaginary work you do whenever you're here." 

He is such a dick. If I had a better job, I would never work for someone like him. He doesn't even know how to respect women or his employees. A piece of crap, nothing but an extra weight to this society.

"Why did you two fight again?" Amber asked me when I got back to my seat. 

"I need money to pay the rent or he would definitely throw me out. I would not have a job or a place to live. Just the perfect thing I was waiting to happen." I whine in front of her. 

"Why can't I have a normal and easy life? Why do I have to go through all of these hardships alone? Please god, bless me with a rich boyfriend, please. I could use the money right now." 

Why is this life so frustrating? Why can't it go smoothly for once? For once, Mr. Sharma doesn't ask for the rent, Mr. Laurent doesn't insult me and I get a trustworthy boyfriend. Is it all too much to ask? 

"Don't worry you will definitely find a way to pay off the rent, you always do. Don't you? So why are you so stressed out?" 

"Because I still have to think of a way to pay the rent dude. I  just have two more days to think of a way but I see a dead-end ahead Amber. It's different this time. I don't have any funds left anymore." 

"Think about it and I am sure you will find a way." She said and resumed her work. 

I kept brainstorming about the ideas I could use to pay him off but nothing came to my mind. I glanced at the file kept at my desk and read the name written on it. 

"Amber, I think I found a way." I said, grabbed my purse and jacket, and left the building in a hurry. "Tell Mr. Laurent that I left for an urgent meeting with Ms. Teresa Williams." I told Amber while I rushed out.

I remembered that my mom left me a savings account when she died so I could use the money she earned for my living. I have never used that money because I thought I would be betraying myself if I used it. 

But I think in a situation like this, I am sure she would understand that I needed some money and I wouldn't think of it as a betrayal. 

I thought of it because I never had a peaceful relationship with her, whatever we did, we fought all the time, no matter the time or place. We were like enemies but lived under the same roof because of dad. 

One night, I finally ran away from all the fights, my mom and my dad, from everything. I needed a break, well, I deserved one. The last thing I said before moving out was sort of harsh but given the condition, I think it was okay.