Dad, I can't stay the night

Cole's pov

I remember her snuggling into me during the night and god, she looked absolutely amazing even while she was sleeping. She was sleeping making a small pout and looked like a cute little baby. 

But she wasn't here when I woke up this morning. I wondered what made her leave without even saying a word to me and thought it was maybe just a one-night thing for her. She must have men go crazy about her, so why would she choose me? 

I got up from the bed and noticed a note stuck to the door. "Call me once you wake up." She left her number behind. This is good, right? I could feel the excitement gushing through my body, in every inch of my skin. After all, she left her phone number for me. 

I didn't waste another second and tried calling her. But she didn't pick up, instead, I got a text from her saying that she was in a meeting and that she would call me back. I was still elated and wondered if we will see each other tonight again. 

I wanted to see her, to feel her presence again. Her presence, her scent is enough to relax me and calm me down. What we shared last night was the rawest and most true feeling of mine and I hope she understands that. 

Chloe's pov

"Someone snuck in late in the morning huh?" How does he even know that I didn't come home last night? God, he has superpowers. 

"You thinking about how I know, right?" He does have superpowers, boy, I am in trouble. 

"I was on a date, I told you, right? We ended up getting drunk and sleeping at the bar. The manager woke us up in the morning." I hurried to my room. Yes, I was running away from my father. 

"What kind of bar lets its customers sleep there?" Of course, he followed me. 

"It was a 24/7 bar, dad. I am sure you will love it there. And now if you'll excuse me, I have an online meeting to attend." 

I made sure my door was locked so he won't come in again. I changed to a formal suit and skyped Amber, who further added the other meeting members. 

I put my phone on vibrate so it won't disturb me while I am on this video conference. This is an important client for Laurent and he will kill me if anything goes awry. 

It was Amber speaking when I heard my phone vibrate. It was from "the guy last night". I texted him that I was in a meeting and would call him back later. 

Thankfully, the conference went well and the representatives of the holding company, Art Life were ready for the deal and even fixed a date for the official signing. 

"You did good, Chloe. And about the official signing party next weekend with Oriental Architects, I want you to be here in person not through a skype call, Chloe. Understood?" 

"I will be there Mr. Laurent." I said and he ended the call. Amber called me a few minutes later. 

"So, is he fine? Why is he talking to me like that? It doesn't suit him." I started whining even when things were going good.

"He broke up with Natalie when his wife found out about his affair. She caught them red-handed, kissing in her own house, their bedroom where he slept with his wife." 

"Really? I go missing for a week and things get juicy, huh?" 

"Well, he was on the lookout for almost a week and now, he found himself another girlfriend and I think he is pretty satisfied. I mean look at him, he never insults you now and even praised you today."