DnA: 2

THIRD PERSON's POV

"Knuckleball pitch?" while amused, the coach asked Eijun.

Eijun nodded. "Yes coach, I want to use that pitch against Yakushi..."

"I can't believe you only studied knuckleball pitch for three days and you can pitch it now." Mei's complaint was on the sidelines.

No one paid attention to his complaint.

Meanwhile, Shirakawa and Carlos were snickering in the background due to Mei's reaction to Eijun's new achievement today.

"Alright, show me that pitch." command of the coach.

Eijun nodded again and faced Itsuki who was also listening to their conversation.

He returned to his position and crouched, he glanced at Eijun whose facial expression was serious so he couldn't help but feel intimacy with the pitcher in front.

"So I can't help but treat him as older than me because he's even more matured compared to Mei-san." Itsuki whispered to himself and glanced at Mei who caught him staring intently at Eijun.

He just shooked his head by what he saw.

With Eijun's change in what happened to him in Seidou it's noticeable that its former loudmouth and almost inexhaustible energy seems to have diminished. He is often seen as serious and always relentless practice is done.

Only the coach and Mei can stop it every time he overworks himself.

What he always says is, not enough. He still needs to improve. He really wants to be recognized by everyone not because he is known as a noisy pitcher but because he is a reliable pitcher. That he can also be relyed.

He also wants to pay back at Mei and Inashiro, for what they helped him with during his weak times.

"Let's go Itsuki, I know you can catch it partner!" Eijun said while smiling widely.

"Hey Ei how about me!" Mei shouted from the background.

A smile also flashed on Itsuki's lips when he heard the pitcher-no his pitcher.

That's right...

When Miyuki Kazuya starts to turn away and let Eijun go.

This pitcher infront of him is no longer Miyuki's pitcher...

Itsuki watched Eijun do his usual windup, impressive how he raised his thigh. Especially the glow of its golden eyes as he stared sharply at his mitt before releasing the ball.

And as he had seen before he got ready and caught it which created a very beautiful sound in his mitt.

Eijun turned to their coach and saw the edge of his lip raised. It walked closer to Eijun and laid its right hand over Eijun's head and gently ruffled his hair.

"That's a beautiful pitch Eijun, I'm so proud of you." he said before turning in Mei's direction. "Tomorrow the practice will start where you will be with Eijun, Mei I hope before the practice game against Yakushi, Eijun won't overwork himself."