DnA: 9

THIRD PERSON's POV

Eijun blew the air out of his mouth when he returned to his own wit and heard the panic of his teammates. So, he wasted no more time and immediately got up and raised his fist. He showed his sweet smile showing them that he's fine.

He looked at his coach and give him a sign. He saw him nodded before calling a player and saying something.

Eijun looked back at the second baseman who still had a trace of guilt on his face about what happened. Eijun just nodded slightly and smiled.

"I'm fine, don't worry," he said softly before turning his attention to the next batter.

Shirakawa and Carlos sigh in relief. Looks like they worry over nothing.

Itsuki gripped the railing bars tightly. 'Eijun...'

They give a signaled to continue the game and when everyone's attention went to the next batter Eijun gently rolled his shoulder. If he was like before, he would ignore it if he could just continue playing but now, he doesn't, he doesn't want to worry about his boyfriend anymore and be a burden to the team again.

He was afraid to be abandoned again, he couldn't stop fearing what he would leave behind.

So as much as possible he will not be selfish when it comes to his teammates.

The next batter was able to fly the ball to outer field and added that their fielding error caused Eijun to reach home base and increase Inashiro Industrial's score.

As soon as Eijun reached their dug out, they rained on him with questions, Itsuki gives a water on Eijun while the worry is still etched on his face.

"Thank you Itsuki."

"Nothing hurts you, Ei?" asked Carlos.

Eijun smiled and say... "I'm okay senpai, though I felt tired."

He just raffles Eijun's hair cause him to complain, he chuckled. Shirakawa, on the other hand, only a nod responded when Eijun looked in his direction, trying to stop himself from asking questions and showing that he was too worried, yeah, a little bit tsundere.

Eijun frown when he noticed something. "Where's Narumiya Mei?"

Carlos coughed when he heard the tone of Eijun's voice and when he mentions the full name of the Ace of Inashiro. Some of their teammates look away, they don't know whether to answer or not because they are both afraid of their Ace and their reliable pitcher.

When no one answering, Eijun turned to his coach whose arms are folding and like usual, he is quiet.

"Coach?"

He cleared his throat.

"I've called him out so start a cooldown on your shoulder and..." he slightly looks at him. "Good job shutting their batting line-up down."

Eijun was stunned by what he heard next and as he always did, he nodded and smiled broadly at their coach. He wasn't really used to it, but he's content... He was very contented and at the same time very happy.

The whole team smiled at what they heard, and they were so proud of him.

Eijun turned his gaze back to the field. He looked at the score board and blink, he forgot that Yakushi still scoreless. He smiled, in the past he was always aware and anxious about every pitch he was throwing now- even looking at the score board he rarely did than what he used to do just because of self-doubt.

But now he's so relaxed, he trusts his teammates and can count on them even when he's in a difficult time.

Carlos laughed while roaming his eyes around the field. "Dang Ei they are so surprised! Just look at their faces so freaking hilarious to see... ha~too bad I didn't see Seidou's starter catcher reaction."