DnA: 6

THIRD PERSON's POV

Ever since Eijun entered high school baseball, he really wanted to be Ace. He wants many things but the Ace number is the first thing he wants to get.

But it seems that fate is not in his favor. He couldn't tell if fate was really testing him or if those were really signs that the Ace number wasn't really for him.

But despite that he became determined. He is determined to show that he is reliable and deserving of the Ace number. Even if there is something blocking his path time and time again.

He was still smiling as he looked in front of him where he saw the bright Ace number. As he walked, he turned into running, only reaching the location of that number. And in his running, he goes through trials that trying to force him to stop.

He went on and broke through those obstacle.

But in the middle of his run with a full smile and wide patience, that smile gradually disappeared. When he noticed that he didn't seem to leave his place and that number seemed to be moving away from him.

Yips

Abandoned

Being useless

He immediately stopped and realized such a scenario that he would never forget no matter where he went.

The smile on his lips completely disappeared and the eyes that had always sparkled seemed to become lifeless staring into nothingness. Tears welled up in his eyes and trickled down his cheeks.

He cried, alone. And no matter how loud he cried, it was like how hard it rained at night, only the darkness around could witness it. No one was there, they seem to have forgotten him.

"Eijun..." 

Eijun looked up from deep thought. He saw his coach so he immediately stood up and left the chess board and the pieces scattered on the side.

He bit his inner cheek when he noticed that his coach was looking over his left shoulder. He held on to it and forced a smile.

"Coach-"

"I allowed you to play this season because your doctor agreed, but as long as your playing does not exceed the given limit. So I hope you will not disobey me Sawamura Eijun." his coach said seriously.

Eijun quickly nodded at what he heard while suppressing a smile. He clenched his fist in excitement.

"Yes coach, I won't disappoint you!"

"Good. And when you feel something bad in your shoulder, I want you to tell me the truth. I don't want your high school baseball career to be ruined by an injury that was ignored."

Eijun nodded again and bowed. "Thank you coach,"

Coach Kunitomo smiled and ruffled the pitcher's hair.

While Eijun couldn't stop remembering his Chris-senpai. This is how his senpai felt when he was injured.

So he didn't thank his coach enough because he didn't just accept him. He also agreed to his desire to hide his injury from his new team and especially from Mei. Not because he is selfish but because they have helped him a lot and he wants them to focus on the upcoming Spring Tournament.