004 - Consequences

Peter's POV:

"And what are you up to, in the middle of the night out in the halls?"

Brenner stepped forward, his smile faltering.

"I was in the storage room." Peter mumbled. He avoided Brenner's eyes and swallowed.

He can't know.

"Oh really? But from what I remember, the storage room is on the other side, am I correct?" He took another step forward. His lip twitched when Peter remained silent, his eyes still on the floor.

"Seize him."

The two Orderly behind him took Peter, each gripping one side of his shoulder. He fought to break free, but he knew what would happen. It always ended the same. One of the men tazed him from behind, sending a shock through his body, especially the bruise. He tried to hold back a scream as he fell to the floor, his arms still held by the men in white. Brenner clicked his tongue and knelt on one knee, reaching Peter's eye level.

"Tsk, tsk. You know not to resist, boy. Why do you still fight when you know that you'll lose? You're nothing without those powers of yours, just a trapped rat in a cage." He chuckled maliciously. Peter raised his head and spat on Brenner's face, his eyes of anger. Brenner's eye twitched as he wiped his face, rising to his feet.

"Take him to the control room."

The Orderly shoved Peter forward, forcing him to stand. They pushed him to another room on the hall to the left, strapping him into a chair against the window.

"Now... Why don't you tell me what you were really doing, Peter. Maybe then, I'll spare you. I'm not afraid to dispose of you."

He leaned forward, his cold eyes almost staring into Peter's soul.

"You wouldn't get rid of me. You need me, for your stupid 'experiments.' Without me, you can't reach your true intentions. All the other little orphans you raise and brainwash aren't strong enough for what you truly want, and you know that."

"You may be right, but I can still break you without killing you."

"You're scared of me. If you hadn't planted this device into this neck you know that I'd kill everyone in my way without hesitation."

The orderly brings the taser to his chest again and clicks. The room is filled with the buzz of electricity and Peter's pained screams.

"I thought I told you to stay away from my daughter." Brenner paced back and forth in front of the door, looking out the window into the dark hall.

"But she doesn't know. That was the point-"

"The point," Brenner interrupts, "is that I don't appreciate you trying to get into her pants behind my back."

Peter let out a soft, psychotic laugh as he leaned his head slightly forward.

"Who says I haven't already?"

Brenner's hand swiftly flew across Peter's face, leaving a red mark on his cheek. The old man's eyes burned with fury. He ordered the guard to shock him again. He spoke through Peter's shouts and screams, his eyes narrowing.

"From now on, I want you to have no relations with my daughter. If I see that you do, you and  she will be severely punished. I will not be light with my actions, even if it comes to my own daughter. Do you understand?"

Peter sat panting, his eyes glaring up at the man before him.

"You are no father to her."

Brenner's face twitched.