012 - Known

WARNING: light smut lol

Hawkins Laboratory

I was in the rainbow room, which had been left abandoned. Toys were scattered everywhere, but no children. There weren't even any orderlies stationed. It was just me.

"Well, well, well, look who finally decided to join us," A soft voice called from behind. I turned around to see Peter walking towards me, hands behind his back.

"What- where is everyone?"

He cocked his head to the side. "Looks like someone's a sleepyhead this morning." He had no tone of familiarity, just an unhinged sweetness. His eyes were cold and distant, and his features were younger. He looked so much like Peter and yet he wasn't. It was a younger version of him. This couldn't be a memory. And yet, I had seen this before. I had this dream before, a while ago after I first discovered my abilities.

"Henry," I blurted out. I remember the confusion I had felt when I first had that dream. I needed to stay longer, to see how it plays out.

"No," he replied, the smile still eminent on his face as he shook his head. "I'm not Henry, you must be confused. Have you slept well?"

I look down. I was In a gown. What?

"Looks like she needs help forgetting," my fathers voice called out as he appeared from behind Peter. "Peter, will you please guide her to the operation room? It seems that her device is malfunctioning. We'll have to recharge it for her."

Without a word, Peter walked towards me to place a hand on my shoulder. Suddenly I was broken from my spell. I could move freely. I ran past him, out of the double doors. They didn't chase after me, nor did they yell. I ran through the dark corridors, searching for the storage room. There it was. I ran inside, panting as I let out a slow and shaky breath. What the hell was that? I opened my eyes to observe the room, only to scream at the horrors inside.

Blood covered the walls, and a red glow came from the clearing on the other side of the room. Without even having to walk through, I could see the vines and the opening of the wall. Loud shrieks echoed from the distance, the unhuman-like sound ringing in my ears. I quickly ran out to find the blood-painted halls. Bodies lined the walls on the floor, a bright mix of white and red seeping together.

My feet carried me back to the Rainbow Room, only to be welcomed by an even more horrific sight. Peter laid lifeless on the floor, blood seeping from his chest and his mouth. It wasn't the young Peter.

"Peter," I cried before kneeling to the ground before him. I held his head in my arms as tears spilled onto his face. His grayed eyes were on me, absent of any signs of life. Suddenly the floor beneath me began to warp and distort into a black void, Peter vanishing from my arms as everything went quiet.

-----------------------------------------------

I awoke with my ears ringing. The side of my neck was throbbing, as if I pulled a muscle while sleeping. The blurred ceiling came into focus after a few seconds of blinking. I rose from my bed, viewing my surroundings. There was nothing different. Everything was in place, except for one small detail. There was a small note next to my bed.

Morning session is canceled. Have errands to run.
- Dad.

I rolled my eyes as I threw the scrap of paper into the bin. Of course he had to write a note instead of just talking to his own daughter. Either way, I was glad training was canceled for me today, since my head was pounding. As I got up to the sink, I froze, remembering Peter's words.