007 - Patience

BTW guys 004 is blasian, i forgot to mention that before

This chapter has like two smut scenes bc I'm feeling nice today so be grateful for that ;)

WARNING: heavy, earthshattering, groundbreaking, smut (obviously)😏

The next two weeks were tiring to say the least.

I'd finally been able to chuck the daily cigarette across the room or crumple it up into nothing. Peter brings a cloth to wipe all the blood, since it took so much energy to move one small thing. I've started to move other objects too: a tissue box (though I could only move it an inch or two), coins, and electric wires (making the lights in the room flicker). Working while other children were training helped, too. I've been learning to control my powers, setting limits just like the experiments. I've tried moving the fluorescent lights in the storage room, but I only managed to make one blink repeatedly before it went out.

"It's no use, I'll never get it right," I sigh as I wipe the blood from my nose. The headaches were getting better now that I had more practice.

"Patience, love. Remember to stay focused. Find the energy. Feel it," he says as I fail to move the light for the upteenth time.

I roll my eyes, frustrated by his unbotheredness. He was being so caring, trying to soothe me, making it impossible to not like him. Trust me, I tried.

"You know, how about this. If I get to move the lights, then you have to quit smoking. Got it?"

He contemplated, a smirk rising to his lips.

"You know, I don't really smoke that often, I've just been using it to get you to use your powers, tampering with your emotions. But if it makes you feel any better, then it's a deal."

I scoffed, amazed by his cockiness.

"You're impossible, Ballard."

"And you're beautiful, Brenner."

-----------------------

"Gee, did you guys screw or something?"

I nearly choked on air at Four's comment as the other children in the training room turned their eyes towards us. I was standing next to her since she was last one lined up against the wall. My father was instructing each of them to crumple a coke can again, this time in front of everyone else.

"Four!"

"What? You're literally fucking him with your eyes, that blonde hot guy. Peter, was it?" she whispered with a mocking smile on her face, but quickly straightened when my father glanced at us. I hadn't even noticed that she was next to me while I was staring at Peter.

"We're just friends," I whisper back.

"Yeah, really good ones I bet."

Eleven was up next to crush the can. I've taken a liking to her over the past few weeks; she was like the little sister I never had. I watch as Peter carefully placing the wired headset over her buzzed hair, his fingers delicate and gentle. I try not to blush at the visible veins extending from the bottom of his hand to the tips of his fingers.

"Now, Eleven. Please try your best to destroy the can in front of you, just like how you've seen your brothers and sisters do it," my father instructs.

Her eyes strained and her lips pursed, every part of her little body concentrating on the red can. I remember the last time I tried it, the day I met Henry. The day my life changed.

A dent formed, distorting the large, white words printed on red. The other children all snickered, but soon quickly stopped when Peter shot them a glare.