010 - Friend

HEY GUYS!
I made a Cast List so you guys can visualize the characters better, and to introduce future characters (eddie and evan peters fans wink wink). Please go check that out <3

ALSO, THIS CHAPTER HAS SMUT IN IT SO BE WARNED

HAPPY READING!!

SMUT WARNING

My hands were finally freed from the metal cuffs as I was pushed down the hallway to the Rainbow Room. The cold tiles stung my bare feet, each step sending chills up my spine. Bruises stained my wrists and shoulder, which burst in pain to the slightest touch or movement. I didn't receive any sleep the night before; my eyes were red and tearstruck with dark eyebags hanging under. The whole night I was busy sobbing in the corner of my "room", not even counting the time. My hair was an absolute mess; I had no care for my appearance anymore. How could I, in such imprisonment?

The tall white doors were opened to reveal the room full of bald children playing away with whatever toys they were given. Every head seemed to turn in my direction the moment I set foot in the room. Most gave confused glances as to who I was, while others recognized me immediately, including Four. Her eyes widened at my unnatural state, noting my unusual clothing. I was shoved forward when my foot met the red stripe of the rainbow patterned floor.

"Good morning children," my father chimed as he stepped in front of me. Suddenly all of the children stood and formed two lines facing each other.

"Good morning, Papa," they droned in unison. I caught Eleven's stare and managed to bring a smile to my face, though it hurt to do so. She happily smiled back, but kept a curious expression.

"I'd like you to welcome your new sister, Zero. Now, it may not seem like it, but she's just like every one of you. In fact, she's been here before all of you have. I want you all to treat her just like you do to each other: with kindness and respect. Does everyone understand?"

"Yes, Papa," another monotonous reply sounded.

"Good. Number 016 would you please join me for practice today?"

I cautiously entered further into the room as Sixteen brushed past me to join hand in hand with my father and followed him out the door, though I've been here countless times before. I don't know whether I was relieved or not to not see Peter in the room. I sat down slowly on the carpeted bench against the wall, still checking my surroundings. The children had already dispersed back into their usual positions, some sneaking nervous glances at me.

"Wow, you got to keep your hair? What'd you have to do for that?"

I looked up to see Four standing in front of me, a sad smile lingering on her lips.

"Well, I guess that's one of the privileges I get for being the daughter of a genius psychopath," I joke. She smiles and sits next to me, careful not to be too close nor too far.

"Can I see it?"

Although she didn't specify what she was talking about, I instantly knew what she meant. I turned over my left wrist and extended my arm as she peered over. Red marks surrounded the newly tattooed '000', and dark, bruised circles engulfed my arm. She held up her wrist next to mine, the faded "004" aligning with the bold "000" engraved in my wrist. My veins stung underneath my tampered skin, adding more pain from the bruises.

"The pain won't last too long. By tomorrow it'll be just like it was yesterday. If it hurts too much you should put some ice on it, it'll help."

I nod and smile, touched by her concern. Her eyes looked worn and tired, and her neck contained light marks from the shock collar. She was paler than usual, even in her warm, tan skin. The shine in her eyes was dim. I realized then that I never knew her age. She looked mature, but had the frail body of a child.