Chapter 5

It's been a couple of days since Katherine told Clint the good news about them bringing another mini avenger into the group. But they also planned on keeping it a secret to make sure that no one else found out, because who knows what could happen if someone found out.

Clint was acting extra protective of Katherine, which was starting to annoy her but only because she didn't want him making it obvious or anything. Like yesterday when they were training and Thor actually got a punch to her face, making her fall backwards. Clint practically rushed to her side to make sure everything was okay, demanding that she be checked.

She knew it was only a matter of time before she started showing and then sooner or later everyone would know. But right now she didn't want to worry about anything, she only wanted to share the bliss of her miracle pregnancy with the only person who mattered.

Clint.

He was already trying to pick out names for the baby, if it's a boy or girl. He's still hoping it's a boy while Katherine hopes for a girl. He was already talking about moving them to a farm in the middle of no where, that way they could live in peacefulness. But for some reason, just hearing about that peaceful life he wanted made her sad. It made her think of how life would never be normal for them.

There would always be some threat, someone trying to hurt them, some mission they're doing for SHIELD. There was no way they would ever be able to have a normal life, at least not how Clint sees it. Katherine thought about what she would give up to have the normal, happy life she pictures with Clint. What exactly would she give up? She'd do just about anything to keep her child and Clint safe, she'd do just anything to have a chance at a normal life.

"Kit Kat? Katherine? Hello Thorne is anyone there?" Katherine heard someone calling to her as she snapped out of her thoughts and looked behind her. She stayed quiet one she noticed it was only Tony. She had traveled to the kitchen to have a late night snack when Tony passed by and noticed her standing there all alone. 

"Sorry..." She whispered to herself as she continued drinking her green herbal tea that Bruce makes her drink almost everyday to help calm her emotions. 

"Don't need to apologize to me." Tony smiled before walking over towards her. 

"Tea?" She offered as he smiled and accepted. She grabbed another mug and poured him some. He took a small sip before spitting it back into the cup, making her laugh slightly. 

"what the hell is this?" Tony questioned. "it's awful. Banner actually makes you drink this crap? It's no wonder you loose control when you get angry. I'd be angry all the time too if I had to drink this crap." He laughed before going over to the fridge and pulling out a beer, jestering if Katherine wanted one. She declined politely while he raised an eyebrow. "What's up Kit Kat? You pregnant or something?" He joked while Katherine became stiff.

"No." She faked laughed. "Of course not. Bruce just told me to stay away from alcohol." She sipped some more of her tea. "You know, alcohol leads to drunkenness which leads to anger which doesn't end well for people like me and him." I faked smiled again while Tony just laughed.