natalia

y/n pov

8 years ago - red room

"natalia and y/n, samara and al..." I stopped listening after he paired me off with nat. or natalia as she would constantly spit at me. She hated it when I called her nat and didn't even respond when I call her talia. we have been in the red room together for 6 years no need for the formalities anymore.

I glared at the red head from across the room who was already looking at me with a face full of distaste. She rolled her eyes and looked away. I stared at her for a few more seconds before finding the floor far more interesting.

Shortly after, Natalia and I got up walking to the far corner to start our sparring. I despise working with her, for 1 she's to stubborn and 2 well, she's just overall annoying to be around. we put all our weapons on the silver tray beside our spot as this was what the instructor called a bare fight. We regain our stances opposite each other staring, waiting for the other to make the first move.

"Почему мы всегда становимся в паре" (why do we always get paired) she hissed falling out of the position so she could grab the hair tie on her wrist and tie her long red hair back. I take this as an opportunity launching at her middle to sweep her to the ground. she stumbles back as it was unexpected but damn this woman has good core strength. natalia wraps her arms around my stomach using the position to launch my body weight over her shoulder and to the ground behind her. landing in the pose I sweep my legs around hers standing back up as she punches for my face.

the sparing goes on for a bit both punching and kicking at each other. we were both as good as the other so the match was fair. most other pairs had already finished the winners on the left and losers on the right cleaning the guns and other equipment. Usually there would have been a harsher punishment for finishing so fast but supposedly not today.

I felt eyes on us, so for a spilt second I looked up to see dreykov staring down at us from the railing. a punch comes flying at my face and before I could dodge it crashes into my nose hearing a crunch.

"сука" I grumble kicking her abdomen hard with the heel of my boot. if we're playing dirty we're playing dirty. consistently we both make what the red room would call illegal moves for training. I don't know what our goal was but it was no rock paper scissors you win.

both of us slammed into the hard ground several times catching the attention of some of the other girls. a series of curse words and grunts were herd as we continued our fight to what could have been death. I smash Natalia's head into the floor one more time straddling her back in hopes she couldn't get up but of course she is to slippery for that and gets out of my hold as we continue the fight.

the instructor seems to catch on to what we had started and storms over instantly " остановите это сразу девушки" (stop this at once girls) it was to dangerous to intercept the attacks with all the limbs flying around. so he could do nothing but threaten us. some of the threats had harsh consequences however his voice was tuned out as all my focus was on natalia. I need to beat her.

the fight ends when she has me knelt on the ground in a headlock. her body pressed up against mine, her knees on the backs of my legs preventing me from standing up. my head was pressed back against her shoulder as I struggled to breathe. Her hold not faulting as I started to cough and choke. She had no response to the countless blows to her face, even if I missed most in sad attempts.

"Три, два, один" (three, two, one) she grumbled out releasing me from her hold as she stood up fixing her hair that had become slightly undone. I fell forward the air finally filling the burning sensation in my lungs. as to not seem week I stood up catching the last of my breath.

"теперь пожать руку девушкам" (now shake hands girls) both our heads snapped to the instructor, we don't usually get told to do this. it was unusual and anything unusual was always bad. what is this team sport bullshit. what is he playing at. he stares between us so we extend our hands. It was a firm and short handshake.

the group gets dismissed to lunch which consisted of a sandwich and juice. after lunch ballet. There wasn't friends in the red room, or at least not openly so there was no small talk, everyone ate in silence. a couple of the older widows were talking the younger ones about surviving around here. however that's not what I was focused on; Natalia sat staring at me again.

i swear to god she has a staring problem or something.

present day -

"i'm gonna need you to come with me" I look up from my meal to see clint barton stood infront of me. I know exactly what he's here for. its not a pretty reason. I throw my drink in his face he blinks back in shock as the hot coffee burns his eyes. barton grunts and opens his eyes looking for me where I previously stood. but instead I was sneaking behind him. I snatch his hearing aid. foul move. I dont care. crushing his hearing aid I run out of my bland apartment down the fire escape.

its a lengthy chase even without his hearing bartons a good spy. sliding down an escalator I walk through a shop near the metro. I rush threw the isles casually swapping my jacket, changing my eyeliner, taking my hair out and never once slowing my pace to less than a walk. I go to turn a corner to leave the store when a cloth covers my mouth. the last thing I saw was bartons smirking face before I blacked out falling to the floor.

a/n

well tell me what you think.