bagels. cause yeah

3rd person pov

y/n woke up at 430 to a banging at her door. "get your ass up we leave in half an hour" the angry russian said from the hallway.

y/n rolled out of bed, grabbed what she was going to wear and walked into the bathroom. despite everything y/ns childhood forced into her as soon as she got out of the red room (or so she thought) she loved sleeping in.

we're talking anywhere between 11am and 1pm. well that was unless she had something to do or a burst of motivation to get her life together and she wakes up at 5am.

now however was not that time. choosing to wake up a little she decided to have a cold shower. the frosty water made goose bumps appear on her skin as y/n rinsed her body combing her fingers through her hair.

after around 20 minutes she turned the shower off wrapping a towel around her body and drying off before opening the door and stepping out.

y/n put on a pair of black cargo pants and a tight singlet top. towel drying her hair as she left the bathroom back to her room.

y/n pov
i grabbed my bags walking to the kitchen. there i noticed cap eating a bagel with a cup of coffee.
"mooorning" i called out pouring the last of the coffee into a mug that had one of the many avenger themed puns on them.

prompts to stark no doubt. "morning y/n, romanoffs got you going early i see" he laughs as i plop myself down onto one of the stools.

"sounds like your speaking from experience rogers" i smiled "yeah the file said anywhere before 10 we could leave. so like any sane person she woke me up at 430am"

"sounds like her. best of luck on the mission" he ended saying he was going on a run.

"miss y/l/n agent romanoff requests you to board the quinjet within the next 5 minutes or she will do things i shall not repeat" JARVIS announced. jesus someone's in a mood this morning.

i grabbed the bag of bagels with the remaining 3 heading down to where the jets and shit get prepared.

____

i walk into the quinjet after walking into the wrong one first but we don't talk about that. nat was checking things up front so i chucked my bag down closing the door and walking to the red head.

"bagel?" i offered holding the bag out to her.

"i'm flying. i trust you haven't gotten any better since we were 11, you are incompetent after all" she shook her head "a team has prepped and inspected the apartment so it will be ready by the time we get there" nat continued

"so no bagel" i confirmed. in return i received a glare from the red head so i backed away with my hands up going to sit down.

this was almost a 10 hour flight and it was guaranteed there would be no conversation. i sat down on the floor pulling a hoodie over my head as natalia had insisted to make it cold.

opening my bag i grab the single pair of headphones wanda had let me borrow saying she had a set of earphones she preferred. plugged them in for music and opened a book.

6hours later.

nats pov
i turned on auto pilot around 4 hours ago but didn't move. i brought my knees up to my chest looking out at the sky. i dont know how im going to survive living with someone as annoying and incompetent as her.

as well as the things i have to hide. why couldn't i go with wanda for fucks sake at least she's tolerable and doesn't talk to me.

i begin to get hungry to the point my head feels off so slowly i spin around in the chair looking behind me to see y/n asleep i get up grabbing one of the bagels she brought with her. for some reason. splitting it in half and going back to my seat.

3rd person pov
for the next hour nat slowly eats bites of the bagel zoning out while staring at the clouds. only to be snapped from her thoughts by a hand on her shoulder.

"move it im flying for the rest of the trip" she heard y/n say sitting in the chair next to her taking a headset tony designed to be smaller and not bulky.

"no i'm fine" nat brushed off

"it's been 7 hours and i'm bored go finish your sad nibbled plain bagel" she insulted pathetically.

"whatever"  romanoff got up grabbing her bagel and leaving to the back of the quinjet to call laura why she can. she supposes she will talk to barton aswell.

"hey nat what's up. it's  been a while, you should come round we've all missed you" that was when the russian remembered it had been a while since she talked to the barton's.

"hi laura. i'm about to go on a month or so mission but after i miss the kids" nat said playing with the fabric on her pants.

"WHAT ABOUT ME, WE ARE BESTIES" she herd clint yelling in the background. bastard must have his hearing aids turned all the way up so he can act like a bird and hear everything again.

clint's outburst makes nat slightly chuckle. "yeah i suppose you aswell birdbrain" she rolled her eyes.

"so whats the mission about" laura asked keeping conversation.

"you know i can't say anything, some stakeout" nat had a short conversation before hanging up the phone and sitting in her spot.

nat had this one corner in the quinjet it was small closed off and she found it comforting. tony thinks she sits there because she doesn't like the boys he always jokes about it. but really she just likes small spaces.

y/n was currently fighting impulsive thoughts. like just turn the engines off and fall into the ocean. or like just nose dive into the ocean.

eventually they get to where they need to be landing and nat comes up to sit next to her both of them working to land the jet.

a/n
i finally wrote.