director

y/n pov

just like any other night i manage to get at most 3 hours of sleep before not being able to fall asleep from nightmares. luckily for me it was already 6 am so a decent time to wake up. i got out of bed quickly making it straight away as to not be seen disrespectful and such.  

i walked down the same stairs i had last night noticing alot more of the house now it was all in light. small décor sat around the place the house feeling very homey and welcoming much different to my bland apartment. 

i make it to the kitchen again clearly walking in on a conversation between laura and clint. i go to back out of the room when clint notices me. 

"good morning y/n" he greats catching lauras attention. she moves to look at me and smiles 

"is there anything you would like for breakfast hun" she asks

"good morning, and uh no thank you im not to hungry" i smile weakly nodding to the couple. 

"you should really eat something" laura raises an eyebrow. god such a mum. 

"im okay laura" i smile getting the point across that i dont want to eat. she sighs drinking from clints cup of coffee

"well y/n in that case, i have someone who would like to talk to you, if you'd follow me" clint kisses his wife's head before walking out the front door. i was hesitant but realised if i didnt follow i wouldn't know where to go.

i walked out the door and saw clint a few paces ahead. walking behind him he leads us to a dark shed behind the house.

"out here to kill me barton"  i asked as he opened the large barn doors. he laughs shaking his head. 

"nat said the same thing" he said to himself. i rolled my eyes at being compared to nat again. 

when i enter the barn clint pats my shoulder before walking out. im confused and look around before hearing footsteps behind me. picking up the nearest object which was a pipe i threw it in that direction. 

"nice try y/l/n" a voice says coming out from behind the wall. Nickolas fury, director of shield. 

"nickolas" i glare at him hoping he doesnt want me in his little boy band. 

"y/n" he repeats holding my gaze before looking away bored as he took a step forward. "i want you to join the avengers initiative" he states clearly 

"how bout no" i give him a tight lip smile tilting my head.

"how about you dont have a choice" he sasses back. ugh this man i swear to god. "you join the avengers and we can excuse some of your actions. if not life in prison, how does that sound y/l/n"

"i dont have to life in your stupid compound do i" i groan

"yes, until we can trust you and trust you will come back to us when we need you" he explains "plus its easier to keep you all together for fast red alert missions" ugh people 

"fine ill join your stupid boy band" i say before realising i have to live with natalia. "do they know you want me to join"

"nope" he looks me dead in the eyes 

"great" i mumble rolling my eyes "well is that all" i ask 

"watch your tone, i can still get you arrested, and yes. grab your things we're leaving" 

"We're leaving now" i ask not wanting to go just yet. i quite liked the peaceful ness of the country.

"yes, meet me in the car in 10 minutes" he walks away. great. 

i walk back into the house. into the loungeroom where laura was sat tea in her hand and a book on her lap. i walk infront of her not wanting to just startle her from behind. 

"hey laura, could i have my stuff back nickolas says we are leaving in 10 minutes" i smile awkwardly 

"sure, let me guess he asked you to join the band" she laughed putting her stuff on the coffee table and getting up. i nodded in response and watched as she pulled my things from a cupboard near the entrance. 

both guns, all 5 knives, small tazer, my boots, and lastly my watch. she hands it all to me and i slip my boots back on, placing all the weapons around my body. 

"i can loan you another outfit if you'd like" she offered. i just shook my head

"its okay, ill return this as soon as i can tho" i smile. she smiles back. the outfit wasnt much black sweat pants and a white shirt. 

"okay well goodbye y/n, i hope we see each other again" 

"goodbye laura"

i walked outside and clint was sitting on a chair outside looking at his phone with amusement. "bye barton" i half smile

"cya round y/l/n" he nods in my direction. i could tell both laura and clint wanted a hug goodbye but considering they just met me that would be weird. plus physical contact is still quite new. 

i meet the director back in the car. "what took so long" he said pulling away from the house and down the long drive way. 

"stuff" i answer not actually knowing as it only felt like 5 minutes. 

the drive was awkward as fury didn't play music in the ride. it was silent other than breathing and the sound or the car on the road. i was informed it was a 4 hour drive. this will be fun.

a/n

lowkey forgot this existed for a hot minute. i was looking through my books deciding what to update and i was like oh okay.