4.

"How long have you been in love with Jungkook?"

How long?

in love with Jungkook?

The words feel foreign in Taehyung's ears, hearing it from someone else. He never admitted it out loud, he never had the need to, he thought. But it was just that he wasn't brave enough to say it out loud. Saying it out loud will make it 100 times more real than it already is, it would shove him into a reality where he would have to accept the bitter truth that Jungkook doesn't love him. Not like that. 

"well? are you going to answer or should I drop you off at the hospital because you look pale right now" Yoongi said. 

"If I tell you that I'm not in love with him and that you misunderstood things...will you believe it?" Taehyung asked.

"I can pretend to believe. But we both know the truth."

Taehyung sighed, "can you please keep this a secret?"

"ofcourse."

Taehyung nodded, " I honestly don't remember when I fell in love with him. I guess a part of me was always in love with him. I don't remember the last time I looked at him without love in my eyes."

"But the kid's in love with Namjoon" Yoongi said nonchalantly.

Taehyung's jaw dropped, "what!? how did you know!?"

"I'm quite observant" Yoongi replied, his eyes never leaving the road. 

Taehyung scoffed, "well are you observant enough to know that Jimin hates you?"

"I'm well aware. He makes it very clear." Yoongi said with a hint of annoyance. 

"What exactly happened between you two? When I left you guys were just  friends and now you guys are ex-lovers?"

"Nothing happened and that's the truth. We dated for 6 months and have been broken up the past 2 months. We didn't work out. Not every relationship lasts and not every love is true."

Yoongi said it without showing any emotions on his face but Taehyung could feel something else. Something that Yoongi hid behind all those layers. 

"Do you think he still loves you?"

"Absolutely not."

"Do you still love him?"

"I don't know." 

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"He bought you cupcakes" Jungkook said as he shut the door of Jimin's apartment.

"huh?"

"He bought you your favourite cupcakes from your favourite shop. Don't think I didn't notice it."

"So what?" Jimin kicked off his shoes and ran to fridge to grab some cold beers. Tossing one of the cans to Jungkook, he settled down on the couch, his eyes immediately landed on the ceiling, "It's a coincidence."

"You don't believe in coincidences Jimin."  Jungkook said. 

Jimin choose not to answer but instead focused on Jungkook, "don't you have something to tell me?"

"Tell you? about what?" Jungkook nervously fiddled with his shirt. What did Jimin know? 

"About you falling in love?"

"Excuse me? I'm not." Jungkook replied in a high pitched voice.

Jimin smirked, "Really? then why did your voice sound like that?hmm?"

"shh..fine I think I love Namjo--" Jungkook was interrupted.

"Taehyung--" Jimin finished the sentence.

Jungkook gave Jimin a perplexed look, "The fuck? Taehyung!? where did you get that idea from?"

"Wait Namjoon!? what the fuck!?" Jimin sat up straight. 

They were both completely sober. They sat in silence for a couple of minutes before Jungkook spoke again. He spoke about Namjoon and why he loves him. 

Jimin felt dumb that he didn't notice the signs. "well shit--but Jin--"

"yeah I know. The perfect couple, am I right?" Jungkook tried to joke but he couldn't force out a laugh even if wanted to.

"I'm sorry kook." Jimin patted his back. "Fuck this. You can get over him? find someone new? someone......someone like Taehyung?"

Jungkook rolled his eyes, "seriously? you have seen me and Taehyung together for a long time, and now out of nowhere you think that I may have feelings for him?"

"I don't know. I'm dumb" Jimin replied. But honestly yeah, he didn't know. What was he supposed to think when he found Jungkook crying months ago because he missed Taehyung, what was he supposed to think when he heard Jungkook talk about Taehyung for hours. What was he supposed to think when Jungkook would cancel plans or leave mid way just to facetime Taehyung? 

Jimin continued nevertheless, "I'm dumb and drunk so excuse me for asking this but why can't you date Taehyung? He knows you well. He's seems like a good match."

"I never saw Taehyung like that. I never even thought about dating him. Not even once. I can assure you that he never would have thought about it too. we are friends and that's why we have a great time."

"Sometimes friends make good couples"

"I'm dumb and drunk too so excuse me for asking this , weren't you and Yoongi hyung friends too?"

"I said sometimes" Jimin took a sip of his beer, "not always."

"Do you think he still loves you?"

"Absolutely not."

"Do you still love him?"

"I don't know."

Maybe Love is more complicated than Jungkook had thought.

"What is Love?" he asked.

"Love is overwhelming." Jimin sighed, "You learn to deal with it."