12

Days had passed since the rain fight between Jungkook and Taehyung. The tension between them remained, and they hadn't met or spoken to each other since. Jungkook was consumed by his thoughts, and his heart was heavy with the realization that he might have lost Taehyung forever.

He was sitting in Jimin's apartment, lost in his thoughts, when his phone rang. It was Taehyung. Jungkook hesitated before answering.

"Hey, Tae," he said, his voice uncertain.

"What are you doing?" Taehyung asked, his voice flat.

"Not much, just thinking," Jungkook replied.

"Right," Taehyung said. "Well, I wanted to let you know that I'm leaving for the airport."

Jungkook's heart sank at the news. "Oh," he said softly. "Okay."

There was a long pause before Taehyung spoke again. "I'm sorry about everything, Kook," he said, his voice barely above a whisper. "I didn't mean to hurt you."

Jungkook's heart ached at the sound of Taehyung's voice. He wanted nothing more than to hold him and tell him everything would be okay.

"It's okay, Tae," Jungkook said, trying to keep his voice steady. "I'll be fine."

There was another long pause before Taehyung spoke again. "I have to go, Kook," he said. "Take care of yourself."

The call ended, and Jungkook was left alone with his thoughts. He couldn't shake the feeling that he had let Taehyung slip through his fingers. He knew that he had to do something, or he would regret it for the rest of his life.

his phone rang again, it was Namjoon. 

"hey joon?"

"Jungkook can you come pick me up?"

"where are you?"

"at the loite's bar. I'm drunk....Jin broke up with me. I'm just---I--I need someone kook, I don't know who else to call"

Namjoon and Jin broke up. Namjoon was single. Jungkook should go there, that's the right thing. He should be able to confess his feelings. He cannot keep it inside.

___________

Namjoon sat alone at the bar, staring at his glass of whiskey. "heyyy, you're here. is it just me or do you look incredibly attractive in this light"

"cut it out namjoon."

"why can't I say that? you know what was the first thing I thought about when I met you?" Namjoon asked. "....I wanted to marry you. crazy. I know"

"You cannot stay stuff like that..not now" he sat beside Namjoon.

"why not?" Namjoon leaned in and pressed their lips together. 

"Namjoon!"

"I'm sorry. But I love you Jin. I cannot imagine my life without you"

"But we broke up joon."

"give me another chance"

"If you wanted another chance, you should have come to me. Not to this bar!" Jin crossed his arms. "If Jungkook hadn't called me, I would have completely given up on you."

"He called you?"

"yes. Said he had to go somewhere"

_________________

"Taehyung!" 

Taehyung turned around and everyone in the boarding line turned to see Jungkook running towards him holding a bunch of tulips and security guards running after him. 

Taehyung looked confused and walked over to Jungkook, "what are you doing here? are those tulips?" he can't help but chuckle.

"yeah, you're favourite" Jungkook replied breathless. "See I can be romantic too"

"Romantic?" Taehyung raised his eyebrow, "what's going on"

"I'm sorry I didn't say anything after you told me you loved me."

"are these flowers for pity?" Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows.

"no! god no! I---I love you Taehyung ! I'm sorry I didn't realize it sooner. I'm sorry I hurt you.  I can't let you go without telling you how I feel."

Taehyung's eyes widened, and his heart skipped a beat. He had never expected Jungkook to confess his love like this, in the middle of an airport.

"Jungkook, I..." Taehyung stammered, lost for words.

"I know you're leaving, and I don't want to hold you back from your dreams," Jungkook said, taking Taehyung's hand in his. "But please promise me that you'll come back for me. I'll be waiting for you, Tae."

Tears welled up in Taehyung's eyes as he looked into Jungkook's earnest gaze. He had never felt so loved and cherished before.

"I promise, Jungkook," Taehyung said, squeezing Jungkook's hand. "I'll come back for you."

As the boarding call for Taehyung's flight echoed through the airport, Jungkook placed the bouquet of tulips in Taehyung's hands and stepped back. Taehyung took one last look at Jungkook, his heart overflowing with emotion, before turning and walking towards the gate.

Jungkook looked down at his feet. 

"Jungkook!" Taehyung ran towards him and pulled him into a kiss. 

It was everything Jungkook dreamed of. The perfect first kiss !

"God I wanted to do this for a long time" Taehyung smiled. "please wait for me." 

Jungkook watched as Taehyung disappeared from his sight, his heart heavy with longing but also with hope. He knew that Taehyung would come back for him, and he would wait for him, no matter how long it took.