Chapter 7: Demonic Doctors

Tanjiro continues to restrain the turned demon while letting Muzan Kibutsuji escape in the confusion. Many civilians gather around Tanjiro and the bloodthirsty demon. Just then, police officers arrive entering the commotion. "What's going on?!" "Back up!" "Get out of the way!" One of the officers then point at Tanjiro. "Get off of him now!"

"Husband!" The wife said while putting pressure on her wound.

"I can't!" Tanjiro said. "Please hand me equipment to keep him restrained! Please!" The officers ignored his request and attempted to pry him off the demon. "Don't pull me off! I'm the only one who can keep him from hurting anyone!" The officers refused to listen and still tried to separate Tanjiro and the demon, but where suddenly blinded by a strange aroma, a flower pattern and petals. 'What's is this fragrance?' 

Blood Demon Art

Scent of Illusory Blood, Visual Dream

Tanjiro feels that he's about to be attacked, but a demon who has the form of a young woman, followed by a frail looking boy appears in front of him. "You still refer to them as a human, even after they turn into demon, you still try to save him." Her open wounds closed up indicating to Tanjiro that they're demons. "Then I shall help you as well."

"Why?" Tanjiro asked. "The smell you're giving off is..."

"Yes. I am a demon. But I am also a doctor, who also wishes to put an end to that monster Kibutsuji. I'll make sure this incident disappears. You feel like you need to be somewhere else." Tanjiro remembers that he left Nezuko alone in pain and ran back to her sister.

Tanjiro returned to the noodle shop only to get yelled at by the owner. Tanjiro tries to apologize for leaving without paying, but the owner didn't care about the money. "Are you serious?! I don't care about the money! But if you don't eat the meal I made, I will never forgive you!"

Tanjiro then took the chopsticks and ate his meal quickly as possible and then took Nezuko away from the shop. "I'm sorry for leaving you alone like that." Tanjiro apologized. 

"It's okay. My headache is gone." Nezuko said. 'So, what about you. Did you see Muzan Kibutsuji?"

"Yes. Apparently, he's living like a human."

"Really? What could he possibly gain by..." Nezuko then stopped and grabbed the handle of her blade. Tanjiro was confused until he looked and saw the boy from earlier.

"Were you waiting for us? I could find you guys easily by following your scent."

"How could you find us?" the boy wondered. "Our home is surrounded by a spell that hides itself from the outside world. Putting that aside, isn't that woman a demon slayer? Judging from how she saw me, she's acts more like a brute."

Tanjiro didn't understand what he was talking about, until he looked at Nezuko who had a shocked face, realizing he was talking about her making Tanjiro angry. "How is she a brute?! If you look at her features, I'm sure you think of her differently! Nezuko is a complete beauty from our town! I won't let you disrespect my sister!"

"Hey, Tanjiro?"

"Yes Nezuko?"

"Can I make a request? And calmly decapitate him?" Nezuko asked showing yandere eyes.

"Like I said, a brute." the boy claimed.

Tanjiro and Nezuko yelled at him that he's wrong, with the boy annoying them while hiding his irritated face. Then after a long walk, they arrive at a dead end. "If you can actually track my scent, then you'll have no problem finding our base." The boy walked toward the wall going through it, with Tanjiro and Nezuko following after him.