The Demon King Awakens

Tanjiro was freefalling back into the castle wondering why Akaza threw him back into the fortress. "Defeat Muzan Kibutsuji. He's caused enough pain in his lifetime." 'Why did he do that?' He wondered. 'Be when he grabbed me, all I could smell was gratitude from Akaza.' He then felt a hand grab his wrist. "What?" He looks up seeing the Flame and Water Hashira. "Kyojuro! Giyu!"

"Surprised to see us alive, Tanjiro?" Kyojuro asked.

"Very."

"Shall we get going?" Giyu asked.

The three Hashira run through the ever-changing fortress searching for Muzan. "It was very difficult for us to defeat Kokushibo. It took at least eight Hashira to bring the traitor down." Kyojuro said

"And it was even close if not for Kanae's intervention." Giyu stated.

"So, she's awake." Tanjiro realized.

"Indeed. But she stayed back with Shinobu to tend with the others. They're also spreading out to locating Kibutsuji."

"THE LAST UPPER RANK IS GONE!!" A crow continues to fly spreading messages. "THE LAST UPPER RANK, AKAZA IS GONE!!!"

"He's gone." Tanjiro said. "The Twelve Kizuki are completely wiped out now."

"Then he should hurry. Muzan will feel their presences gone and could awaken prematurely." And through total concentration the dash through the Infinity Castle searching for the last demon, Muzan.

In the Sun Manor, Kiriya sees through the maps he and his sister drew how the Hashira are far from Muzan's flesh cocoon. "No. They're not gonna make it. And Tamayo and her poison are being nullified. Muzan's going to recover."

"The first division will soon arrive at Muzan's location." Kuina informs. "The second division are right behind them!"

Kiriya then realizes the worst outcome. "No! They can't Stop them!"

"Huh?"

"They cannot reach Muzan! Have them remain on standby until the Hashira arrive!"

But it was too late. Muzan's cocoon was surrounded by low rank demon slayer. "There he is!! It's him!"

"You bastard Muzan!"

"Dammit! My sword's out of reach!"

"Stay calm!"

Can't anyone jump down?

"Why don't we just cut off the flesh that's holding his cocoon in the air!? Let's injure him more!"

"Wait! We're receiving orders to stand by from the Oyakata!"

"To hell with just standing by!! The very least we can do is be of use before the Hashira arr-" Before he could finish, Muzan leaps free from his cocoon in a new form. "What the-" He then begins to kill them one by one.

"It's Muzan!! He's emerg-"

His bloodlust for the demon slayers is horrifying that it makes Akaza's massacre seem like child's play as the demon slayer were brutally killed. 

"All forces wait for the Hashira!" Kiriya ordered. "You'll only act as food for Muzan to regain his strength! I repeat, retreat at once!!" His orders go through the crown which was acting as Kiriya's mouth.

"I'm afraid, they're already dead." Muzan said coldly as he kills the crow. "After a thousand years of walking on this earth, you'll start to lose the feel of taste. And right now, I'm starving. And this banquet tastes outstanding. All of this food to help me recover is all because of you. You have my thanks Ubuyashiki." Muzan's new form has indeed changed his entire complex. His hair has grown longer and has turned white due to the poison. Dark red mass has grown across his body alongside mouths all over his arms and legs all of which have sharp teeth. "So, was it your son or daughter who has taken the head of the family? I can't tell who barking up all those orders at the moment, but they're indeed superb. If they bow before me swearing to surrender to my might, I could reconsider turning them into demon. Then again, my major subordinates are now gone. This year has hell for me."