Chapter 25: Set your Heart Ablaze

Eight cars. Two hundred passengers. Five Demon Slayers. One Twelve Kizuki. That was the situation the slayers were dealing with on the Mugen Train. While Zenitsu, Nezuko, and Inosuke were defending the slumbering passengers, Tanjiro and Rengoku went on ahead to behead Enmu.

"The Boar head said he could feel the head was at the very front of the train!" Rengoku shouted excitedly. "I'll go on ahead and check it out! I will let you know when it's safe!" Rengoku dashed towards the locomotive bursting into the enclosed space startling the conductor. "Hmm. I can feel the eerie presence right here." "What are you doing here?!" the conductor shouted. "Leave immediately!!"

"Unfortunately, I cannot! Everyone on this train is in imminent danger." Tentacles begin to sprout and attack Rengoku. But the Flame Hashira was not worried.

Flame Breathing: 4th Form,

Blooming Flame Undulation

Rengoku sends a circular attack cutting the tentacles and flesh off the train. The successful attack causes Enmu to screech out in pain, shaking the entire train. "Young Kamado, get down here!" Rengoku shouted to Tanjiro, who joined him. "Did you hear that scream?" Tanjiro nodded. "Then my counterattack was successful. That was proof that his neck is right here, below us."

Flame Breathing: 3rd Form,

Blazing Universe

Rengoku cuts through the engine floor opening it revealing Enmu's neckbone. Tanjiro couldn't believe it. "That's his neck!" "Well, go on. Strike him down!"

Sun Breathing: 1st Form,

Dance, Phoenix Flash

Tanjiro goes into slash Enmu's neck, but his flesh appears to protect himself. It then expands its arms to catch the slayers, but retreat to the previous car. The flesh transforms into an arena as the open wound closes up. "Mr. Rengoku, we'll need to match our breathing together and perform a combo attack! You'll cut the flesh protecting it, and I'll sever the bone!"

"Remarkable idea Kamado!" As they run to the protected neckbone, multiple eyes labeled 'Dream' appear.

Blood Demon Art:

Eyes of Forced Unconscious Sleep

Tanjiro was baited. Enmu was seven steps ahead. And now they both are falling asleep. Tanjiro had to warn the Hashira. "Mr. Rengoku, the moment you fall asleep, cut your own neck! That's how you'll wake up!" Tanjiro woke up instantly but was out back to sleep. Tanjiro cuts his neck and wakes up but as he gets closer, more eyes appear forcing him to fall asleep. Without him mentally knowing, Tanjiro's body was slowly putting his blade close his neck and was about to physically slash it open. Suddenly Rengoku stops him restraining his hand. "Relax Kamado. This isn't a dream. It's your reality. The demon's overclocking his ability keeping you in the abyss of your dream. Do not fall for its illusions. I wouldn't want you dying on me."

"Mr. Rengoku, how?!"

"What he showed me is already my reality! Sorry to say demon, but what you try to show is something I cannot accept easily. The fire within my heart will not die out easily!"

Flame Breathing: 7th Form,

Flaming Vortex

Rengoku unleashes a flaming tornado that destroys many of Enmu's eyes. Tanjiro was astounded by Rengoku's ability to avoid Enmu's spell even after seeing the eyes in front of them, that he did not notice the conductor lunging at him with a bone awl until he was too late. He was unable to evade him. "You will not get in the way of my dreams!!" Then suddenly, Rengoku got in between them taking the blow in the lower abdomen. "RENGOKU!!!!" Tanjiro chopped the conductor's neck knocking him out and dragging him away from the battleground. "Mr. Rengoku, are you okay?!"