Shedding the Past Skin

While the other Demon Slayer continue to revive Tanjiro, whose body reacted violently to Muzan's blood, the rest of the Hashira continue to keep him at bay while waiting for the first crack of dawn. However, it proves to be quite difficult as his attacks prove to be inescapable. 'His attacks have gotten even more faster!!' Gyomei thought. 'He's on a different level then Upper One! And that Transparent Vision is gone!'

'This is bullshit!' Obanai said to himself. 'I can't support Himejima! And my body's starting to go numb!! Fuck!'

Giyu, Sanemi, and the others are too concentrated, that they could think, just react. But Mitsuri was indeed struggling. 'The attacks! They're moving too fast for me to see them!! I'm still alive because of my instincts and pure luck! I'm constantly getting targeted!! I'm still the weakest by being useless here!! The only chance we have is if I sacrifice myself! But even if I could, I can't seem to find a way to stop Muzan's arms! Maybe I can't slash him, but I can at least get in close and restrain his arms behind his back!' But as she leaps away from his tubes, she finds herself getting closer to the demon king. 'Wait. He's pulling me in!?' And Muzan prepares to attack Mitsuri. But he then finds himself ensnared in a field of mist.

Mist Breathing, 7th Form:

Obscuring Clouds

Muichiro disorients Muzan and his attack but was unable to keep Mitsuri from being slashed on her left cheek. 'What the hell is that technique!?' Gyomei wondered. 'Kanroji should've been able to evade it!! But it would've been worse if not for Tokito!!'

"Iguro, now!" Muichiro shouted. As Obanai rushed to get Mitsuri away, Muzan goes in to strike them. Suddenly, Kyojuro, Sanemi, and Kanae retaliate deflecting his attacks. With him distracted, Obanai rushes into an alleyway where two low rank demon slayers find them. 

"Get her first aid, now!" Obanai commanded.

"Yes, sir!"

"And locate the demon slayer that has slant eyes and carries these papers! His name is Yushirou."

"No. I'm still able to fight." Mitsuri said as she's in pain. "I refuse to hold anyone back anymore."

"It's fine." Obanai replied. "You've done enough. Just rest."

"Don't do that. I was unable to help anyone. So, I can't die in a place like this."

"You won't. Make sure she's safe."

"Of course!" Obanai runs back to the battlefield.

"No! Wait please!!" Mitsuri begged. "Let come with you!! Iguro!! I'm begging you!! Don't die for me, Iguro!! I don't want anyone to die because of my weakness!!"

'These demons. If those creatures never existed, who knows how many people would still be alive by now. I even wonder if thing would've gone differently, had the two of us met under happy and peaceful circumstances. No. For me, that's impossible.' The bandages that cover Obanai's mouth fall off revealing that his cheeks were sliced open. 'Before that, I must die and have my soul reincarnate into a new life that is pure. I'll be forever afraid of I'm even next to you unless I do this. I'm not the kind man you see me as, Kanroji. I'm a filthy person who comes from a dirty greedy family. And they have killed people and has taken advantage of others for their own selfish survival. They have enjoyed the luxurious life by living in a mansion and eating the grandest of meals. Because they pillaged the innocent. There was no shame in them. Out of everyone I knew, they were the worst of the worst. A family of only women, that's what I was born into. I was the only male that was born into their family after 370 years. But because of my sex, I was locked away from the moment I was born. My mother, sisters, aunts, and grandmothers often groom with kindness, and it made me disgusted. I was brought food three times a day. But I felt like throwing up each day, because there was no ventilation, and the grease scent was unbearable. And during the night, I could feel the sound of something massive crawling around my cage. And I felt a gaze. It clung to me like a bear stalking its prey. I was sweating nonstop over my body, and I was sleep deprived until the sounds disappeared. But the moment I turned twelve, I was dragged out of my prison and taken to a luxurious room. And before me like a god, was a female demon that was given snake traits. And my instincts led me to believe by this monster was the one who was stalking me every night.'