The Clear Infinite Mist

As Tanjiro, Nezuko, and Genya now joined by Mitsuri continue to fight against Hantengu and Zohakuten, Muichiro and Tsuki are having trouble fighting Gyokko. Muichiro is now trapped in a watery pot with Tsuki trying effortlessly to breakthrough the Water Blood Demon Art. "Ha-ha-ha-ha! It really is amusing watching you struggle against heavy water!" Gyokko taunts. "Whether you stab or slash at the Water Prison Pot, it will never break with your attacks. It really is fun watching you try to escape Hashira. So, I wonder what creative ideas are popping up in my head!" Refusing to give him the satisfaction, Muichiro gives him the same stoic face.

*sigh* "As much as I want to watch you fight for your lives, you four were running towards that shed. I wonder if the village chief's hiding in there." Muichiro starts to lose his composure and tries even harder to escape the watery prison, while Tsuki feel conflicted on either stopping the Upper Rank or saving her senior.

'With the amount of air left in my lungs, I can muster at least one attack.' Muichiro thought.

Mist Breathing, 1st Form:

Low Clouds, Distant Haze

Muichiro tries using a breathing technique, but it was all for nothing. Gyokko's prison technique was too powerful. 'It's no use. Not even a thrust attack can break through. I suppose that's the results for using a chipped katana.' He starts to come with his fate. 'I guess... this is where my journey ends. I do suppose it would be a miracle if backup were to arrive. Forgive me for dying without accomplishing anything, Oyakata. At the very least, two more Hashira should be sent as reinforces.'

'What makes you think that?' Muichiro then sees a visage of Tanjiro standing in front of him. 'We can't predict what the future holds.' Suddenly the pupils in Muichiro's eyes start to come back.

'What? No. Tanjiro wasn't the one told me that. Who said that?'

In the shed Kozo stands in front of the Upper Rank holding a knife acting as defense. "Stop! I won't let you get any closer!"

"Ah-ha-ha-ha-ha! Your futile attempts are hilarious!" Gyokko laughed. "Do you really think you stand a cat's chance against me?" Kozo rushed at Gyokko, only for him to get slashed by water that's manipulated into blades, shattering the knife as well. "I simply don't understand. If the chief's not in this shack, then what's so important that you're willing to risk your life to protect?" He looks past the injured swordsmith looking at Hotaru polishing Tanjiro's sword, unaware of the demon that's right behind him. 

"You kept an incredible blade Kotetsu. The metal on this marvelous creation, it's amazing!"

'That swordsmith, he looks young. but not even forty years old. I doubt he's the chief.' He then decides to get his attention. "Oh human! Look behind you!" But Hotaru ignored his words completely focused on the sword.

"Who's responsible for such a masterpiece? From how old it was, the smith must've lived in the Sengoku Era. But why's there one single letter engraved instead of the full name? No... I know the answer!"

Gyokko was completely shocked. 'I don't believe this! He's putting everything into his concentration! He's more interested in that blade that he doesn't consider me as important! Me, Gyokko!' He then started to get angry. 'I don't know why I'm like this. Normally I should continue with my mission and destroy this village. It's like he's making me feel insignificant! As an artist, I can't ignore this shame!'

Gyokko out of jealousy aims his pot at Hotaru and sends water stream slashes at the swordsmith. But even with the injuries, he continues to polish the sword. Kozo starts to feel concerned. "Haganezuka!" Gyokko slashes him again opening more wounds and even shattering his mask, revealing his face. But through all the blood and sweat, he still keeps his composure.