Sakamaki (Telling Them)

Shuu:

Eyes opening as his phone buzzed with a text, Shuu fished it out of one of the pockets on his sweater and looked at the message.

O Troublesome One ❤️: hey, i made a new playlist for us. you can check it out while i'm at work

A smile played at his lips as he tapped on the link before his mind was able to fully process the name. The news that they were having a baby stared back at him as he sat up quickly, eyes widening and mouth dropping open. His heart beat against his chest wildly as he tried his best to compose himself before calling you.

"Have you left for work yet?" he asked as soon as you had picked up.

"I just got out the door. D-did you look at the playlist?" your voice spoke over the speaker as he sighed.

"Come back inside. You can call in sick to work..."

You gulped down your anxiety when he hung up on you, moving to pull your hair back from your face. You had waited a few weeks after the doctor's visit to make sure that you were not going to miscarry the child and now, you were fourteen weeks pregnant and your stomach was starting to show. Readying the playlist and sending it, you could tell that it was now or never.

Nearing the room that you last saw him in, you peeked in to find him lying on the couch, eyes closed. As soon as you were within arm's length, you felt arms wrap around you and gently pull you on top of your husband. You let out a nervous laugh but felt your worries melt away as soon as you felt his lips press against your face lightly and richly.

"Troublesome woman..." he murmured, causing you to laugh softly. "Couldn't even tell it to my face."

"Sorry about that-"

"I would not have changed my mind suddenly. We have been trying for eleven months, right? I don't see the point in using so much of my energy only for me to be angry about it now..." You gave him a kiss on the lips, which he quickly returned. "Do you know that I love you deeply?"

"I know, and I love you just as much."

"I highly doubt that."

Reiji:

You walked into the room, unaware of your dark-haired husband bent over his desk, writing down in his journals. His book snapped shut as he turned his acute eyes to look at you, causing you to jump slightly. Reiji uncrossed his legs as he slipped his gloves back on.

"Were you able to figure out what the trouble was, dear?" he asked, gliding across the room to look at you closer. "Your skin is becoming an awful color for you. Do you want me to fix you something?"

"No, I'm fine..." you murmured as the man tilted his head at you.

"Is that what the doctor said?"

"Not exactly."

"Can you give more than three word answers, please? Do you need to be taught another lesson as soon as you become well again?"

Your face reddened as Reiji raised his eyebrows at you, expecting an answer quickly. I guess it is better to bite the bullet-

"I am pregnant!"

"That's not more than three words, darling. Honestly--" His lecture stopped short as he processed the news. "Oh..."

Maybe not that quickly...

You watched quietly as Reiji moved over to his journal, flipping through a few pages before landing on the one he wished for. He began to grab a few bottles from his stand before looking down at your stomach.