Sakamaki (Telling Their Family)

Shuu:

"Aren't we going to tell your brothers?" you asked reluctantly one day, still curled up in bed with your husband. He made a soft noise to show that he heard you before opening his eyes halfway to peer at you.

"I'm pretty sure that they can already tell, darling..." came his hushed response before he looked down at your sixteen-week stomach pointedly. "It's hard to ignore once your stomach is a certain size."

You scoffed and playfully smacked his shoulder, feeling him wrap his arms tighter around you. Your heart swelled with anticipation, already excited for life with your husband and child.

---

"If it's not obvious already, (Y/n) is pregnant..." Shuu murmured at dinner one night. Your hand lost its grip on your spoon and it plummeted into your bowl, sending soup splashing on the table. You flashed a sheepish smile at Reiji, who sighed and wiped some of the soup residue off of his glasses.

"You have as much decorum as your sloth of a husband. If I am given the opportunity, I should give you a much-needed lesson on etiquette," the dark-haired man spoke before setting his eyes on his elder brother. "And you must exercise some self-restraint next time. I am not going to be checking up on your wife if this happens again."

---

"And you chose then to be the best time to break the news?!" you exclaimed as soon as you had ushered him back into the room. You locked the door behind him and turned back to stare at Shuu, whose brows raised in utter amusement. "Please tell me that you're not getting a kick out of this."

"It was worth it, just for Reiji's expression. While you were gaping at your bowl, he gave more reaction than I had ever seen before," your husband responded, leaning forward slightly to caress your chin. "Don't become too stressed out by it, lovely..."

Reiji:

"I'm actually starting to show already..." you murmured as you looked down at your slightly distended stomach. "Is that normal?"

"For some people, yes. You're eleven weeks along if I'm correct," your husband responded, looking at you over the rim of his glasses. Once you nodded, he turned back to his notebook, quickly printing something down and reading over his notes.

Ever since you had announced it to him, you had been battered with unending questions and him taking notes on your condition.

"Once you pass by fourteen weeks, then we can announce it to the others. The scent of growing life is getting stronger..." he spoke up, pushing his glasses up his nose as you gently rubbed the bump. "I'm convinced that it..." The man trailed off as he shook his head. "Nevermind."

---

As you carefully reached for one of your favorite dishes on the table, you were surprised by Reiji's gloved hand moving it farther out of your grasp. Your mouth dropped open as he stared at you reproachfully.

"Didn't we already have the conversation about how this is not good for your health?" he warned as your brows drew together.

"Just let her have it. I don't want to listen to her whining..." Subaru interjected as Reiji slit his red eyes at his half-brother.

"Must I remind you that I was the one who married her and not you? It's also my baby's well-being that I'm worried about. If it was not made apparent already, (Y/n) is with child."

"Wow, I'm proud of you, Reiji. Finally letting loose once in a while. Tell me, (Y/n), how was it?" Laito responded, cupping his face in his hand as you blushed in response.