Sakamaki (Calamities)

An irritated sigh left you as you noticed that your husband was still curled up in the same position as when you had left an hour or so ago. Your lips pulled down as you felt him wrap his arm around you and pull you down next to him carefully.

"Don't you think you should start getting used to being up and down throughout the day? You're not going to be able to laze around all day when you have a little one..." you tried as your husband raised his eyebrow at your statement.

"Can't I just condition the child to sleep all day?" came his uncommitted reply as you rolled your eyes in disgust. "You're being quite unamusing with your mood..." He draped a heavy arm over your body and pulled you closer to him, kissing the side of your neck. "What is the problem?"

"Can you even pretend to care about our child?" you shot back, feeling him prop himself up on his elbow and look at you intensely.

"What did you say?" he stonily questioned, brow creasing in consternation and lips pulling down.

"I meant that I don't want them to grow up with their father not giving much effort..." you tried your very best to explain, causing Shuu's eyes to slit.

"I'm afraid that you're not helping your case at all. I would not be like that man, if that is what you're worried about."

"I know that you wouldn't, but I'm not sure how we will do as parents. I'm not saying that we'll be similar to how your parents were, but I just...." you trailed off as your husband's brow knitted.

"You're going to be an excellent mother, and I'm going to try my best, (Y/n)..." he mumbled as he leaned back against the pillows, sighing heavily. "That took up a lot of my energy..."

"Shuu, do you think we should try to sign up for parenting classes?" you asked as he focused his blue eyes back on you.

"That would take up too much of my energy," he plainly responded as you nervously looked down at your slightly showing stomach, still feeling his hard gaze on you. You felt his arms wrap tighter around you before he asked, "Are you regretting this?" You cringed and turned back around to catch his frightened eyes before they quickly closed. Shuu had reverted back to his usual tired self, hiding his feelings from you once again. Letting out a slow breath, you moved your fingers through his blond locks and tried to figure out how you should string together your words.

"I do not want you to think that I don't want the child, but I'm terrified of the child thinking that we don't care about them..."

"It's normal for expectant mothers to experience this, I think. Something about hormones... Just try not to worry about it. I'm convinced that we will be good parents...." Shuu mumbled as you let out a steadying breath, your position relaxed against your husband and your eyes fluttered shut. Shuu's fingers combed through your hair as he stared off into the distance, his lips turned down. "At least, I'm sure that you won't mess up..."

Reiji:

"Please hold yourself with a little bit of decency," the dark-haired man spoke as he focused on his experiment. You angrily set your hands on your hips, letting out a groan and slitting your eyes at your husband. "You look very immature..."

"All I'm asking you is to spend time with me!" you exclaimed as Reiji sighed, moving to clean off his glasses. He turned his scarlet eyes to you and arched his eyebrows at you.

"I spent a good amount of time with you yesterday-" he started, quieting down when you scoffed.

"Yes, yesterday. I'm sorry to say that that just doesn't tie in with the next day, Reiji." You let out a sigh before rubbing your hand against your baby bump. "Fine, I'll just call one of my friends...." You tried your best to smother your tears as you walked out of the room, head hanging low.