chapter 1

<imagine Jacquelyn in the way you want>

   "I'm going out! bye mami te quiero."  I shouted towards the kitchen as I grabbed my jacket. "Ok mijita have fun be safe, call if you need anything!" I walked out the front door walking down the pavement steps and down the driveway.

I had exactly $6.25 cents on me which was more than enough to buy a bag of potato chips and a chilled coke. I walked down the sidewalk admiring the flowers that grew from my neighbors yards.

I had grown up in a more wealthy side of town thanks to my parents who worked hard for everything we had, both moving to the US when they were about 16 and 17, I silently thanked them every day.

    I was maybe about 7 minutes away from the Grab n Go that was a local hangout spot within the town, mainly being high schoolers and middle schoolers I guess I was part of the high school bunch now seeing as I was entering the 9th grade.

I was nervous I'll admit but more excited as I was rather smart and was curious to see how challenging or how not challenging high school would be and I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

Bruce Yamada, a boy I've known since I was in kindergarten who just so happened to be sort of  smart I guess. I rolled my eyes thinking of how cocky he can get especially when he got higher scores on tests.

Bruce had been my rival ever since we learned to read in the 2nd grade, I learned quicker by the way!Ever since then we've had an unspoken, well semi unspoken hatred for each

I turned right and there it was the Grab n Go it was basically Disneyland to some of the kids in town, I walked in hearing a sound of ringing bells letting anyone in the store know that someone else had walked in.

I looked to my right and saw Vance Hopper with  concentration spread across his face.  "Hey Vance." I was cool with Him, I guess I could be considered a nerd but Vance never really picked on me.

Might've just been because I give him the answers in math, which he told me was the "hardest and lamest subject ever". "not now i'm busy." he responded not taking his eyes off the game.

Alrighty then! I walked to the refrigerator that had any drink I could want from a simple juice box to my personal favorite Coca Cola, it had a very crisp taste that simply could not be matched.

I grabbed my soda and walked to the fun sized snacks. I would normally get a full bag but I wasn't feeling it today. I heard those little bells once again as I turned my head to the sudden noise I saw him.

I rolled my eyes as I saw a happy Bruce Yamada walk in he wasn't alone though he had his little sister with him, aww how sweet I thought to myself.

Ew no stop it's literally the bare minimum. I put my focus on the chips once more as I heard footsteps approach me. "Hey Ramirez, how are ya?"

"In all honesty kinda annoyed now that you walked over here Yamada." I responded with a blank expression on my face, "I didn't realize my presence was a bother my apologies!" He said sarcastically, bitch.

"Apology accepted if you buy my stuff." I smiled at him "You do realize I was being sarcastic right?" He said raising an eyebrow "No shit Bruce i'm not stupid. So are you buying my chips and soda or no?"

Bruce chuckled as his little sister walked over with a Hershey's milk chocolate bar, he grabbed my things catching me off guard and walking to the register. "just this thanks."

He payed and I had a small grin on My face the whole time, did Bruce Yamada really just buy me my snacks? Somebody pinch me! Bruce walked over and handed me my things.

"Apology accepted!" I said with a more cheerful attitude knowing I just got free snacks. "Yea yea your welcome, are you headed home?" Bruce asked with curiosity "Yea why?"

"Alright, let me walk you? I just need to drop off my sister at her friends." he offered seeming sincere "And why do you wanna walk me may I ask?" I said kind of intrigued.

"Uhm I just thought since we're neighbors I figured we could walk together?" He said kind of nervous maybe even flustered.

"Oh well I guess we could then. How far is your sisters friends?" I said with a more calm tone, "Oh ok cool! uh she lives right down the street." He said with a small smile on his face.

"Alrighty Yamada lead the way." I said with pep opening my bottle of coke hearing the fizz as Bruce watched.

~A/N~
AHHH this is my first story i hope i did good i'm biased so obviously i say yes but idkk pls vote😭😭
if y'all have ideas let me know or maybe little things to incorporate!  861 words!