Chapter 10

I woke up to the rays of sunlight peaking in through blinds and shining in my eyes, i squinted my eyes and rolled over throwing my blanket over my head blocking out any light and fresh air. I quickly took the blanket off feeling suffocated and got up out of bed.

I grabbed my slippers, put my hair in a pony tail and walked downstairs. "Morning everyone." I said with a smile, "good morning mija are you hungry?" "I could eat." I said shrugging and sitting down. My mom walked over with toast and oatmeal and sat next to me.

I looked up and noticed she sat down, curiously I asked why she was sitting with me- I mean I didn't mind but she never does. "Oh y'know i just wanna know what's up with you." I awkwardly laughed, "oh uhm okayy." "So, you and the Yamada boy." She said raising her eyebrow.

I put the spoonful of oatmeal i was about to eat down, "yeaaa what about him?" I said holding back a smile. "Oh I don't know you two just seem to be getting closer." She smiled. "Yea i guess I mean he's not all bad." I said shrugging and continuing to eat.

"So do you like him? He's a very sweet boy." I chuckled, "yea he's nice, I don't think i like him like that though." "Well don't let your past feelings get in the way of your current ones." My mom said then kissed my forehead and got up to get ready for work.

I finished my oatmeal and put my dishes in the sink and walked into the living room. I sat on the sofa next to the window with a view of Bruce's house, i saw Amy Yamada getting her bike out of the garage with the help of her stunning brother.

On a totally unrelated note I decided I too should ride my bike and get fresh air i smiled to myself and got up to go to my room. I grabbed a cream white colored hoodie and blue jean shorts with my vans, i walked down to the garage grabbing my bike and lifting the garage door.

I grabbed onto the handles of my bike and guided it into the driveway and walked back into my garage to shut the door, i grabbed my house keys and went out the front door locking it behind me. I got onto my bike and rid it across the street to Bruce's house.

"Hey! Can I ride my bike with you guys?" I said kind of awkwardly, "yea it was just gonna be Amy but I'll tag along too." My stomach felt butterflies the second he started speaking. He grabbed his bike and we all started to bike to the park. On the way there I saw that stupid magic van parked near the Grab N Go.

I felt chills down my spine but continued to follow Amy and Bruce. We finally got to the park and me and Bruce sat on a bench while Amy played with some kids she knew from school, "it's so nice out today." I said trying to make conversation, "I know right? Especially since it's almost fall."

"You ready for school?" I asked "meh it's not something I worry about but I'd definitely rather be out of school." See me and Bruce may be really smart but even we like to have days away from school. "Kinda hoping we have classes just so I can make you feel bad for being less smart than me." I said smiling.

"Oh please you got a 95 on a math quiz once in Mrs. Smiths class, and guess what I got 100." He said smiling back at me as I playfully rolled my eyes. "What's having siblings like?" I asked with genuine sincerity "fun until it's not, like having to divide my parents attention I Think that's the reason I try so hard in school." He said shrugging.

"Well I've always wanted a little sister but my parents never wanted more kids I guess." Bruce laughed a little. "What?" "Oh nothing just the thought of there being one more of you is terrifying." "Oh yea yea whatever this is why Amy's the better Yamada." I slightly hit his arm.

"I'm hurt." He said sarcastically putting his hand over his chest. We stared at each other for a little before I broke the silence, "we should probably talk about our kiss." I said looking away from him as he still looked at me "probably." "What'd it mean to you?" I asked not entirely sure I wanted to know the answer.

"I don't know, I mean I really enjoyed it don't get me wrong and I'd like to take you out some day if you let me." he said lightly smiling "I'd really like that." I said turning back to face him, "cmon let's go back." I went over to Amy and told her it was time to go and she told her friends bye.

We got onto our bikes and went back to our neighborhood, Bruce said his parents wouldn't mind if I came over for the day and that I could if I wanted to so naturally I agreed, and we went back to Bruce's.

OH HEYYY LONG TIME NO SEE GUYS 😀😀😀 IVE BEEN DRAINEDDDDD but I felt very very guilty not posting so here's ur content for the month now see ya next month 😘😘 just kiddinggggg maybe 😭😭 most likely kidding